• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CB500x is getting wire rims

what exactly is the benefit of spokes vs. our cast aluminum?

Are they lighter?
Are they stronger?
Are they easier to repair after an incident?
Or do they just look better in some peoples opinion?

Pretty cool :cool: Looks awesome!

Re: an NC700/750X fitted with these rims-

Alas, if I were only 20 or 30 years younger...:(

As much fun as I have had so far on the NCX, personally I know I've passed my "best before date" lol. My enthusiasm is pretty much gone for wanting to go offroad enough to make the advantages of spoked wheels a worthwhile endeavor.

As mentioned in a previous thread concerning ages, it's all I can do now to get up in the morning without spraining something,:eek: let alone wrestle with a 500+ lb streetbike offroad (truly offroad; where spokes become a superior thing)

This is a younger, (or healthier) persons mod to contemplate, and I really am envious, but glad at the same time that there is yet another cool mod to potentially fit up for NCX enthusiasts! :D

Taller front wheel for better off road capability. The rear looks too narrow to me though.

They said they threw on a tire that was laying around and yes it is narrower than what you would run. The rims aren't finished. They are still working on them. The rear in the pics doesn't have the cush drive on it yet.

Back