• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Catching odometer numbers while riding

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I turned 9999 miles on this morning's ride. Glorious blue skies, 60 degrees!

IMG_9020_zps79865d19.jpg

10 minutes later I got this one:

IMG_9022_zpsafcdad59.jpg

Could you send some of that warm weather north. I'd like mine to go up from the 2k miles I got on it since I bought late late last summer

Could you send some of that warm weather north. I'd like mine to go up from the 2k miles I got on it since I bought late late last summer

Ditto to England as well. I don't think I've seen more than 3 days of sun together for at least 18months. Last summer was the coldest and wettest summer I can remember in my life.

I passed this milestone on my ST1300 today. I still absolutely love riding this bike and hope to see 242,424 miles one day at 2:42 PM.

I am happy when I get a chance to ride. No, its not the weather. Its the darn san francisco/oakland bay bridge project.

How were you able to calculate a 1.21 mile trip to coincide with the time, *and* the odometer? :eek: My brain hurts just thinking about it lol!
There may have been some *** monkey business *** with the clock but the odometers are real. When I saw the 121,212 approaching I stopped and calculated when to reset the trip meter so it showed 1.2 during the one mile the odometer showed 121,212. I had done this before for other combinations:

The next major one will be at 122,667. 789 miles later the odometer will be reading 123,456 and the trip meter will show 789.0. The ST1300 has two trip meters so I lose the use of one during the waiting period.

There may have been some *** monkey business *** with the clock but the odometers are real. When I saw the 121,212 approaching I stopped and calculated when to reset the trip meter so it showed 1.2 during the one mile the odometer showed 121,212.

The next major one will be at 122,667. 789 miles later the odometer will be reading 123,456 and the trip meter will show 789.0. The ST1300 has two trip meters so I lose the use of one during the waiting period.

Ha! That's using the ol' noggin! :cool: I can appreciate artistic liberty for the sake of the task; it would be what I deem quite within the bounds of creativity to set up for the shot, and perfectly legit ;)

It does make me feel as dull as dishwater and more than a little envious though, lol. I can't math my way out of a wet paper bag, and I always seem to notice such numbers one kilometre too late...:rolleyes: :D

I'm really feeling like a slacker next to all you high mileage riders:

75000.jpg

This was my FJR1300 last month, but I've put almost another 1,000 miles on it since then. I've also put a few miles on the NC700XD because my wife is not doing her job of cranking out the miles on it. :p

Back