• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cannot find Spark Plug

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I was curious of what these spark plugs sell for, and per the manual, the NGK IFG6k -11 Spark plug does not exist on NGK's website and parts list.

Fantastic.

Anyone know what and where to get the plugs?

*the part number might be wrong, as I am going from memory... but I searched the correct number last night, no results.

These plugs should last a very long time. I can see you wanting to take a spare but the chance of failure is extremely small. I treat this engine like a car engine. Who carries spare plugs in their car?

Greg

I think the last time I had to change a plug other than at service time was way back in the 80s when I had a MZ 251. As I was going to the Dragon Rally in Wales I thought that I would play safe and fit a platinum plug. When I stopped for a meal on the motorway the bike refused to restart. I fitted the standard plug back in and the bike ran fine for the rest of the weekend. These days I don't even bother carrying a spare plug
Please note that the registration number has NO political meaning at all :)

now334_zpsd7acf1cf.jpg

These plugs should last a very long time. I can see you wanting to take a spare but the chance of failure is extremely small. I treat this engine like a car engine. Who carries spare plugs in their car?

Greg

TRUE !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of these,unbeknown to me it was bored out to 300cc. thought it was fast for a 250.

71507776.jpg

Last edited:
I thought $8.00 a plug was high for my old Camry. I bought a set for my Camry when it had 180,000 miles on it, but the OEM plugs still looked new.

Looks as though somebody has put a fair bit of work into that one
yes I did! sold it on not long after the photo was taken.
the guy who bought it off me came back and told me it was bored out and put a standard ignition back on points.
it had a electronic ignition but boy was it a bugger to start that's why I sold it .
at the time I wasn't into bikes just a form of transport to get to work and back.
that bike nearly ended my biking but if it wasn't for my wife telling me not to give up I wouldn't be here writing this!

Are they made of gold !!!OMG....

NGK's IFR/ILFR series of double-tipped (iridium/platinum, or perhaps iridium/iridium in some applications(?)) plugs is very expensive. The OEM plugs for my Subaru _used_ to be this expensive. Time, volume, and perhaps competition have brought them down to about half that now (for the Subie). I expect that these are expensive because they're 'motorcycle' plugs as much as anything else.

I'm very surprised Honda calls for replacement as often as they do. Even if this is/was a wasted-spark system, one would think they oughta last a whole lot longer than that in these particular bikes. Perhaps there'll be a 'regular' copper plug available before too long? As easy as they are to get to on the NCX, I'd be happy with regular plugs.

Back