• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can you clean all the rear tyre surface while cornering?

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
just a stupid question in order to understand the limits and/or the possibility to cornering with our NC750X:
can you clean all the rear tyre surface?
I have the Pirelli Angel GT but still can't clean all the surface nor rub the asphalt with foot peg.. I'm trying to understand which limit will comes up first to understand if I can corner until the foot peg scrubs or until I'll reach the entire surface cleaned.

calm down. this bike has gobs of ground clearance. valentino rossi would not drag the pegs with the stock street tires. you'll end up on your ear. I road raced for 20 years, had 4 national titles as an amateur, raced pro for 4 years and even trophied as a pro. I have a "chicken" strip an inch wide on my NC700X. who cares.

The Angel GT can be driven the to very edge, and that is about the point at which the pegs start to scrape.

It all depends on the riding technique, tire, height of the bike, road, and so on. I always had a 1-2 cm strip on the Bridgestone and Dunlops, and none on my Angel GT. And both at the point where pegs scrape.

The Angel GT can be driven the to very edge, and that is about the point at which the pegs start to scrape.

It all depends on the riding technique, tire, height of the bike, road, and so on. I always had a 1-2 cm strip on the Bridgestone and Dunlops, and none on my Angel GT. And both at the point where pegs scrape.

Thanks for response!
What pressure do you use on the Angel GT? 2.5ant and 2.9post as reported on the manual?
What do you think about Angel GT tyre refer to the other you mention? I use them only for few km but it seems great street tyre, isn't it?

Do you have a pics of your Angel GT "consumption"?

I quite like the Angel GT, I drive them with 2,6 bar front and 3,0 bar rear, but the recommended pressures are what works best.

The Bridgestone BT023 is not too bad, but it tended to slip a lot in wet conditions. The Dunlop Trailmax (I think) was worn off after 1500 and got replaced for free by Honda Germany.

Overall I am pleased with the performance of the Angel GTs. In warm weather they are strong tires, with lots of grip, but they needs high temperatures to perform the best it can. Wet performance is good as well, they only slipped a bit when going down pass roads way too fast in cold temperatures with a bit of moisture on the road. The same roads, but bone dry, were no problem at all. Those are all personal experiences.

I have already ordered the Michelin Pilot Road 4, now that my Angel GTs are 1,4mm away from legal minimum tread depth after 8000KM. They should last between 10k and 12k KM before i'll change them. The Michelins are the best tire at the moment wet and overall performance wise, and pretty much everyone in our NC-group has them. After I mount them I can judge them compared to the Pirellis.

seqEAab.jpg

Interesting this was bought up now, I actually dragged a toe this past Sunday on the Talimena Parkway for the first time ever on this bike. Woke me right up :D

I'm running the PR4s and my chicken strip is maybe a bit more than a 1/4 inch. I'm sure there are some who can ride to the edge, but I ain't never gonna be one of them :)

Me either, Jeff!
I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere that fast.
I should change my name to something like helivesbecausehegoesslow.

I still have about 1/4" of "chicken strips" on my current rear tire, and have had roughly the same on the other rears I've had. I DO ride fairly aggressively at times, but I have descent body position. I have only scraped pegs twice. I think with me at least, my weight compresses the suspension in corners to the point that I actually can't use that last bit of the tire. I am a bigger guy. Maybe when I drop some weight and redo the suapension, I'll be able to use the full tire

I made a mistake last year heading into a turn. I approached it wrong and with way too much speed. I scrapped the left peg for a good while. No choice. It was risk the low side or have a face to face with the side of the mountain. No more chicken strip on the left side. I'm not good enough to ride on the edge so I'm happy to see the strips.

Right side and left:
c6cd395e5e604f16948ffd7a5e6237d6.jpg

77106db64cbe22bd9879e5f5c2124ac9.jpg

Back