• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can Anyone Compare the NC700X to a Vstrom 650?

I had my V-Strom for 7 years and 96k miles - great bike but the only real advantage is the higher top speed and bit more acceleration at 80+mph. It was heavier but not horrendously so and the seat was more comfortable (although I haven't got my taller screen on the NC yet, which I'm hoping will help). Honda gear change and ride (even on OEM shocks) is better too.

The wee averaged 53 UK MPG (about 45 US MPG) but the NC is currently getting 74 UK MPG (about 63 US), so no-brainer there...

However, in those 96k miles on the wee, only one bulb blew and I never needed to adjust the valves even once :cool:

I had my V-Strom for 7 years and 96k miles - great bike but the only real advantage is the higher top speed and bit more acceleration at 80+mph. It was heavier but not horrendously so and the seat was more comfortable (although I haven't got my taller screen on the NC yet, which I'm hoping will help). Honda gear change and ride (even on OEM shocks) is better too.

The wee averaged 53 UK MPG (about 45 US MPG) but the NC is currently getting 74 UK MPG (about 63 US), so no-brainer there...

However, in those 96k miles on the wee, only one bulb blew and I never needed to adjust the valves even once :cool:
Did you check the Wee's valves regularly? From reading on the net and talking to owners it takes half a day to check them.

Did you check the Wee's valves regularly? From reading on the net and talking to owners it takes half a day to check them.

I only checked it twice in that time - took about 3 hours in total (remove then replace fuel tank and bodywork, airbox, cylinder head). The last check was done by a dealer at 90k miles (because I was sure it would need doing by then) and he charged me 2 hours labour (so probably only took him one hour :eek:) for what was, effectively, just a check as they were still in spec.

Thing is, if you're changing the spark plugs, for example, then the valve check is only an extra 15 minutes, so not a big hardship...

Last edited:
Back