• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Calling all South Floridians...

Woody

Reaction score
Visit site
...and anyone else who knows the area around Miami. I have 3 days in Miami and would like to know if there are any good tours to do around the area. I would also like to know if there is a reliable place to rent a (non Harley Davidson) bike? I will be Miami Beach based with a pre-booked, pre-paid hotel, so I will return to Miami Beach each evening (I.e. No three day tours), so I just need to know what are the things worth seeing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Woody

For nature, ride out to the Everglades [Shark Valley or Flamingo] or down to the Keys. Or tale a ride to Matheson Hammock [sp?] Park along Old Cutler road for some nice scenery.

Eagle Rider even have an NC 700 to rent, but not out of the Miami Beach location. I've ridden a GS700 (horrible) and a GS800 (better) but being only 7 weeks into my life as a biker, I am worried that the 1200 might be a bit more than I can handle. Plus, it occurred to me yesterday, I am still riding on a provisional license, so they may not even let me take the Honda, let alone a big Beemer. I will have to go and see what they will let me have.

I'd love to go to the Keys but I fear it might be a bit far for a one day trip on a bike. I may have to rent a car for that.

I'd love to go to the Keys but I fear it might be a bit far for a one day trip on a bike. I may have to rent a car for that.

Its just a hundred miles down and a hundred miles back at about 45mph (2.5 hours each way without stopping or sightseeing) :) 5-6 hours on the bike with stopping for gas only from Homestead to Key West. But you don't have to go all the way to Key West-numerous Keys on Hwy1 where you can check out the sights, eat food....

Its just a hundred miles down and a hundred miles back at about 45mph (2.5 hours each way without stopping or sightseeing) :) 5-6 hours on the bike with stopping for gas only from Homestead to Key West. But you don't have to go all the way to Key West-numerous Keys on Hwy1 where you can check out the sights, eat food....
you can actually ride out to Key Biscayne for lunch. There is a nice State Park at the end [Bill Baggs]and you get a great view of downtown Miami. just don't go at rush hour.

Key Biscayne sounds a lot more civilised. Given that I only rode a bike for the first time 2 months ago today, I find the prospect of spending 5 hours in the saddle in one day a bit daunting. Thanks for the tip.

Just got back from my trip round the states, and I did the keys. If you get a room for 2 nights at some motel in Homestead (I was at the Garden Inn which is ok and reasonably priced compared to any hotel/motel in the keys), it's an easy ride back and forth for the day, with no rush. As mentioned before, you may feel a bit frustrated by the speed limit, and most of the road from Key Largo to Key West is pretty similar, mostly differing by the length of the funnels and bridges :)

I still recommend to go to Key West, because the city is nice and lively. Don't hope for nice beaches though, they are definitely not there. It's also amazing the number of scooters and Harleys you will see around town. This said, I think it's getting a bit cold now... better wait for next year :D

Don't miss:
- Hemingway's house
- Walking through the streets (and have an ice-cream!)
- the sunset on your way back to the continent

IMG_1147.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
gbThumbsUp.png

Back