• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

California availability

mercurydog47

Reaction score
Visit site
Put in a deposit last Friday, January 4th and tried to buy a DCT model. As of that moment there were no 2012 models available for sale in the entire state at any Honda dealership--at least according to the computer. The fallback is that there will have to be a wait and the only thing available will be the 2013 models. Nobody seems to know when 2013 models will be available. I did see one private party available but I got cold feet about dealing that way.

Good luck! I had a deposit on one for a long time before I got mine. It was well worth it though.

Put in a deposit last Friday, January 4th and tried to buy a DCT model. As of that moment there were no 2012 models available for sale in the entire state at any Honda dealership--at least according to the computer. The fallback is that there will have to be a wait and the only thing available will be the 2013 models. Nobody seems to know when 2013 models will be available. I did see one private party available but I got cold feet about dealing that way.

Don't know which part of N. Cal you're in, but you may want to call Moto Cafe in Sunnyvale. I was there today and saw 1 on display, but can't tell you if it was DTC. Their # is (408) 739-6500.

I called 10 dealers in Nor Cal to find a DCT. Most laughed and tried to talk me out of the auto clutch. One dealer, Fremont Honda (Bill Keyes) took the time to check around and found me one out of state. Estimates were April for the 2013. I also found one on Craig's list with 800 miles on it in Los Gatos, but the price vs new was not much of a savings. Hold out for 2013. Perhaps they'll come in red!?

Last edited:
I bought mine in Stockton back in August. I think I got the first one that they had. They had two, I think both were standard (mine is). The next time I went back the other was gone and haven't seen one back in their dealership since.

I am resigned to waiting. I have called around on a few rumors and have even found a bike but the dealership was clear down in Huntington Beach and they were unwilling to dealer trade with my local dealer. This model is just moving too readily for them to have to deal with any complications. Patience seems to be required here. The dealer thinks that there might be 2013 bikes available in March. Hope Honda makes more of them this time around. Meanwhile good luck to everybody.

Call the dealers. One dealer ran a search and told me the closest DCT model was 8 hours away. They wanted to charge me extra for pick up. I kept searching the internet and making phone calls and found one only one hour from that dealer. That was about a month and a half ago, so inventories have dwindled some since then, i'm sure. Keep looking.

I was surprised that my small dealer had one (manual). You could always look for a place that has one that is a jet ride away, fly out, pick it up and ride it home. I've heard of people doing this that wanted to ride coast to coast but didn't have the time to go both ways.

Hey Merc, if you want to fly down to John Wayne Airport, I will pick you up and take you to Huntington Beach Honda. I am close to both and would be glad to help out. Heck, we could even go for a short after you pick yours up.

Thanks for the invitation but I am stuck to the house or near it until the new knee (my wife's) is fully operational. I did speak to the people at huntington beach but they are probably getting that one out of the box and under contract right away. Ah well, I can wait.

How much $ did you have to put down for a deposit? Anyone out there know when the 2013 DCT will be available?
I think it varies buy dealer. The dealer I purchased from charged $200.00 down for a deposit.
Welcome to the forum.

It wasn't much and I volunteered $700 although it could have been less (or more). I have a pretty good informal relationship with this dealer. Nobody has a fix on the 2013s so we all have to wait a while.

I put down a deposit on my DCT model last week, and the dealer called me this morning to tell me that Honda has advised him that my bike won't arrive until April. Very disappointing...might result in me reconsidering my model selection/choice. What a bummer...

Glad we got so many quick replies! April huh? Sounds about right... Gives me more time to; sell my scooter (2009 Piaggio BV 500), get a tax return, find a non-dealer-financing option and research which extras I really need.

While I got my feelers out there, anyone know if more colors will be available for 2013?

Aside from HB Honda; can anyone recommend a no-nonsense dealership in the LA/OC area? I know it's an oxymoron! But really, any recommendations?

Got my DCT a couple months ago from Mid-Cities in Paramount. At the time they and North Hollywood Honda were the only ones in the area that I found with any in stock. There were only a few of the base model around either! In any case they didn't have much incentive to let the DCT go particularly cheaply but I didn't leave there feeling like I'd been raped either! They were pleasant enough to deal with and it seems like a decent little shop.

Back