• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brrrr, it's been chili out for August

turbodieseli4i6

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe they said the low was 55 degrees when I finished my shift. I'm useally a t shirt guy at 50 degrees, but not at 75 mph.
I had left my cold weather gear at the house and just had my summer gear on. I felt colder on my 30 minute commute in August than the 5 degree commute in January.
I was prepared the next day. Yep I had the heated gloves and jacket cranked up and was toasty.
How's the temperature around your area?

Not that cold yet, but the front is supposed to make down to us too, just finishing up some farkles, going to ride, ride ride.

It's been the hottest summer on record (124 years) here in Vancouver- average daily temp has been 70.8 degrees F. and I can't remember the last time it rained.

Quite frankly I've been totally miserable, as I just don't do hot at all, ugh! How you guys down south can live, is beyond me! :eek:

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I believe we hit 59F Monday morning and I broke out the heavier gear. I had planned on taking the jacket to an alterations shop and getting the velcro replaced on the sleeves and neck. I need to hurry up and get that done. Looks like the jacket is going to be needed sooner than anticipated. The ride home is perfect. I'm actualy sweat free when I get to the house. LOL

It had been unbearably hot, highs in the 90's and humid. The last couple of days have been beautiful though, 70's and drier. I'm hoping it holds out like this for a few months before winter rears its ugly head.
@LBS lol you think 70° is hot.

It's supposed to be 65 every morning this week down here. Feels GRREAT! Just scored a used Gerbing heated jacket (Ebay) for $97 delivered yesterday. Now, I have Gerbing jacket and gloves.
Yep, getting ready for the real cold, not this fake cold- that just feels cold- after this too hot summer!

LBS- our highs are only in the low 90's....yee haw! feels like fall!

LBS, 70 degrees and miserable, Wow, I'm looking forward to anything below 90. I'm opposite of you, I can take the cold. Now, triple digits is HOT, but below that is tolerable.
Just different folks in different areas,

It's been the hottest summer on record (124 years) here in Vancouver- average daily temp has been 70.8 degrees F. and I can't remember the last time it rained.

Quite frankly I've been totally miserable, as I just don't do hot at all, ugh! How you guys down south can live, is beyond me! :eek:

I take all these reports of hottest temp in 100+ years with a grain of salt. They are comparing apples to oranges. They are not recording the temps today with the same ole 100 year old mercury thermometers they used 100 years ago. Today's technology is 10-15% more accurate (at least) than those old thermometers used 100 years ago. This is another fallacy in all the data collection the feds are gathering. The Smithsonian and other places have 100+ year old equipment on display-let them take these old devices to the same temp locations and then compare... I would be curious to know the readings....

back to OP, it was 54'F when I left the house this morning at 520am ET. Kinda chilly doing 75mph down the interstate, or would have if I hadn't put on my cold weather riding gear-now this afternoon, it will be short sleeve riding weather (low to mid 80s).

If it's cool out, enjoy it while you can. I much prefer 55F over 95F.

Back