• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brake Lever Adjustment

AdamW

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,

I'd like my brake lever just a little closer to my grip. Can the stock lever's position be changed? If not, what's a good and inexpensive alternative that fits on our NCXs? How hard is it to install?

Thanks in advance!

AFAIK there is no way to adjust the stock brake lever. There are a lot of adjustable levers listed on Ebay for the NC, but some forum members have reported issues with them not properly operating the brake light switch. They push against the switch at an angle and could possibly damage the switch. Having said that, I have a set of short and a set of regular length levers from Ebay sellers that work fine. It's one of those pay your money and take your chances things. There are also really high quality adjustable levers for the bike from other vendors, but they're also really pricey. eBay stuff seems to go for as little as $30 while the high priced spread seems more in the $170 range.
High quality and low price are two terms rarely used together when it comes to bike parts. :)

Bob

Last edited:
using u-kanaya levers frm webike abit pricey but fitment is gd n accurate using
for last 10mths so far so gd~~~~ ;)

I have a set of these:

CNC Adjustable Clutch Brake Levers Set for BMW

Cheap and good quality - ships free and quick from Hong Kong via the Hong Kong Post. Very easy install.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

I emailed them and they said they'll sell me just the brake lever for $20 USD, shipping included. I PayPal'd them this morning, so now I wait. I'll post back with pictures and my assessment.

I think that if you have a look at some other Hondas, you will find an adjustable front brake lever that would be a straight swap. I used a pattern CBF500 brake lever which is the same as a cb600 Hornet etc. The pattern one cost me about £12 (approx. 18 US dollars).

Thanks, Lynn, but I'm happy with the one I got from These guys.

Bad link!

2002-2014Copyright © 2002-2014 the2wheels.com parts store. All rights reserved.

paypal-cc-pay-now.gif

Back