• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Boots required?

In my early days I wore hiking/outdoor boots. Then probably 6 years ago I bought some "real" motorcycle boots and haven't looked back since. They are purpose built:
* protection designed for crashing
* a stiffer sole made for placing your weight on the center of the boot on your peg
* (generally) waterproof - not just for hiking but designed to be going through the rain at 75mph

BTW I have some brand new size 13 motorcycle boots I need to sell, PM me if interested.

Good motorcycle boots are well worth the money for the added protection over work boots. I wore leather work boots for years while riding and only "tested" them once when I went down at just 15 mph. At that speed there was no real damage to them other than scuff marks but my feet got beat up enough to convince me that they offered no real impact protection. I could only imagine what would have happened in a high-speed crash or one in which my foot was caught between the bike and the asphalt while sliding. I ended up buying Forma Cape Horn boots and love them. They offer a lot of protection that work boots simply don't provide. Reinforced toe, reinforced heel, CE rated reinforced shin and ankle protection, rigid nylon mid sole with steel shank, full grain leather upper, waterproof, anti-slip rubber sole, Velcro and adjustable buckle closures. They did take some breaking in but the longer I have them the better they feel. Yes, they were expensive. Something like $270. I'm kind of a tightwad but when it comes to safety gear I will spend the money.

Those were the exact boots I was looking at! How do you like them? Anything you would change? How comfy are they walking around off the bike? Thanks.

Guy at the adv rally I was at this weekend busted his Tib/Fib due to improper boots.

The NC is ~ 500 pounds. Imagine it falling on your ankle, choose your boots wisely.

I wear SIDI Adventure Boots which are a decent compromise between a low cut boot an a full MX boot.

sidi_adventure_gore_main_detail.jpg

Back