• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Blueridge - Adventure Phase Three

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Arrived at Blueridge Motorcycle Campround shortly after lunch and my two riding companions arrived from East Tennessee shortly after. BRMC is one of my favorite base camps for riding. Cabins are only $45 per night and sleep 2. No facilities in cabins but bed, light and heat so but bath house close by.

Our 2 cabins.
IMG_20140419_070403.jpg

Inside cabin. Pretty much shows it all.Cabins with queen size bed also available.
IMG_20140419_070939.jpg

View from cabin towards bath house with tent area to left of bath house.
IMG_20140419_070450.jpg

We immediately unloaded extra gear and took off for a counter clockwise 276 / 215 loop. This is where Motorcycle Maps - Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, Georgia Mountains comes in of great value because it gives some great additions to the loop. I can't say enough positive about the value of the maps. After crossing the parkway on 215 turned right on Charley's Creek to 281. South on 281 then left on
Silversteen to 64. Short run east on 264 then short ride south on 178 then left on East Fork to 276 south of Brevard. A right on Wilson road gives more twists bypassing Brevard back to 276 north. Back up 276 to parkway it was dinner time so a right on the parkway is short run to Pisgah Inn. Dining room has fantastic view off side of mountain and great food at reasonable prices. Back to campground by dusk and 110 miles of twisty road. Started a fire in the fire pit and shared libations and stories. All in all another great day.

IMG_20140419_065034.jpg

Internet shot of dining.
IMG_20140419_072700.jpg

Friday woke up to cold overcast day. We took our time getting coffee and catching up since our previous meeting in the fall. Finally got going and headed 8 miles north to Breaking Bread Cafe for breakfast. This is a new restaurant that I highly recommend. It is adjacent to the Mobil gas station just past the stop light where 276 crosses 215. Last few years the location was a bar-b-que joint. From there we headed around Waynesville up NC-209 - The rattler.

This is another day where map from Americaridesmaps.com proved invaluable. Just after NC-63 we took a left turn on Caldwell Mountain rd then right on Meadow Fork rd for a wonderful alternate to part of the Rattler. Stopped in Hot Springs for a short break then back south staying on the Rattler this time until NC-63. We stopped at the store at the intersection. They were sellinng shirts and stickers for "The Moonshiner", a new to me name for the portion of 209 from there north to Hot Springs, or north half of the Rattler. Worked as they sold each of us a sticker.

Next we headed east on NC-63 which is a great ride over the mountain. 13 miles later it was right turn south on Sandy Mush road then left on Willow Creek. This was another new run to us from the map. Willow Creek was a challenging ride up the mountain and lots of fun. The other side down the name changes to Beaver Dam rd. We then went into Waynesville for desert at the bakery.

After lunch it was back north on 209 but skipped the right turn that is the start of the rattler. Going straight became Max Patch rd then left run on Fines Creek. Again we were experiencing great new roads from Wayne Busch's map. Just prior to hitting I-40 a left on panther creek. Next run was across the creek to Iron Duff rd. Coming back into Waynesville it started raining. Stopped at Juke Box Junction (across from Breaking Bread) for dinner then back to the camp ground for fellowship and libations.

In the lodge at campground:
Blueridge.jpg

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/ksB8s
Blueridge Map.jpg

Again, the map from Motorcycle Maps - Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, Georgia Mountains added a lot of fun to this day.

Friday night we went to bed with a forecast of rain moving out by morning. Woke up with rain still there. Debated whether it was about to pass through and the decision to ride and wash won. Got out of the rain just before Deals Gap, but road was still wet. Stopped for lunch and had some good Brautts.

Another NC rider met me when I parked and started asking about my farkles. He is in the Wisconsin Air Guard and was in the area for training. Of course he brought his bike.

Obligatory Deals Gap Photo :)
IMG_1530.jpg

With wet road decided to forgo the Dragon and headed south on 129 to ride west on Cherohala. Rained on me the whole way to Chattanooga, but it was light, I was dry and it was still a good ride. Scenery was subdued but a good ride.

High point on Cherohala.
IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Stopped for some baked goods at the baker in Tellico Plains and it was sad to see Tellico Moto closed. Took some more back roads tn-39, tn-315 and tn-30 south west to US-64. TN-68 is the well known ride south and named the rattle snake, but traffic gives a very high probability of being stuck behind a slow vehicle. This other route is all recently paved, lots of twisties and almost no traffic. The 3 roads are a great ride.

Took 64 west to Cleveland, TN which brought to the end the Blueridge portion of the adventure. Next the ride home. :)

Super ride, write-up, and pics. I trust that the MP3 Fall Gathering will be on part or all of these roads. Looking forward to it in September.

Super ride, write-up, and pics. I trust that the MP3 Fall Gathering will be on part or all of these roads. Looking forward to it in September.
Already a thread for the gathering on the MP3 forum. Yes many of the roads will be part of it but a couple were a bit too technical for some of the group. Will probably have alternate routes based on desire / experience.

Sound good for the adventure and I saw that hand made house is very beautiful and every facility is available in this house which is tell us that you have much experience of the adventure..

Back