• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Black leather Motorcycle Jacket

James59

Reaction score
Visit site
I have always fancied a black leather motorcycle jacket, I usually wear a two piece set of wolf leathers, very Euro style. What is your opinions on the best? BLMJ I fancy a Fox creek Leather, but don't fancy paying a fortune in import tax?

I have always fancied a black leather motorcycle jacket, I usually wear a two piece set of wolf leathers, very Euro style. What is your opinions on the best? BLMJ I fancy a Fox creek Leather, but don't fancy paying a fortune in import tax?

A Scotsman not wanting to spend money I find that hard to believe :)
Seriously I have 2 black leather jackerts both of which I can recommend. One is a Scott leathers made to measure job and the other is by Revitt which is the cheaper option. Of course if you want a traditional leather the answer is a Lewis Leather one the only make a self respecting Rocker would have been seen wearing in the 60s and they are still producing them http://www.acecafeshop.com/catalog/4

I have a two piece firstgear jacket and pants that are twenty years old, i have way over 200.000 miles on them. the black is wore off, in alot of places. but they are still my favorite gear to ride in. plus always having rain gear, in this state even in the summertime . dale

Lewis Leathers are beautiful, oh my, I sound like a leather perv...
if you sound like a perv ,what about me I have a pair of leather trousers ,,they fit me to a tee,,,(Does my bum look big in these???) Perhaps they look a little too good,makes me feel a little nervous!!!

sorry rocker I do not agree.
its mostly to do with branded name ,it has bugger all to do with quality and thats the fact.
if folks refuse to pay then I'm sure there would be a price drop.
their have been a few programs here on tv about clothing and shoes branded names to being made in the same factory.
now before start to go arty farty yes I do know that some biker gear is made here but how can you justify the price tag.
there are plenty of good jacket you can buy at half the price and just as good.

Ok but personally I would rather have a Lewis or Scott jacket if I could afford it. I have had both in the past. At the moment my leather is a Rev-it product which is a good item but doesn't have that quality feel of the others. To me it is the same as helmets where cheaper ones may give the same protection as the top price items but I know which I would rather wear on a long ride

I have not seen Fox Creek, so I can't comment on them. The best quality leather and workmanship I have seen have been from Vanson, Dainese, and Gericke. They are also some of the priciest. I heard a rumor that Gericke may have folded. I have an Alpinestars, which I consider to be a step down from the big 3, but still a very nice jacket. I also have a perforated Pilot jacket which is a step or two below the A-Stars, but works for me.

The Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, got me my first chopper and with it a Black Leather Jacket.
Now I still have a black leather jacket (biking).
Any serious chopper-rider (biker) must have at least one Black Leather Jacket?
Agreed?
:p

I wear a Firstgear Scout 3 leather jacket that I've had for about 10 years. It's a wonderful jacket, but it cost me a pretty penny. This thread made me curious how much they go for today, so I took a lap around the internet to find out and discovered that Firstgear doesn't make leather jackets anymore. I wonder if leather isn't so popular anymore, or if costs have gone up so much that they can't be sold at a reasonable price? Such a shame.

The Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, got me my first chopper and with it a Black Leather Jacket.
Now I still have a black leather jacket (biking).
Any serious chopper-rider (biker) must have at least one Black Leather Jacket?
Agreed?
:p

The black leather jacket was associated with bike riders long before choppers.

I've ordered one of the 100 dollar chinese jackets from leatherup. We'll see how it holds up; it seems to be made well enough. Though it could prove a little too budget, I agree with the posters who've expressed a little incredulity that a quality leather jacket has to cost upwards of 500 bucks and that it should be so because 'quality costs more.' While that's true to some extent, prices can be inflated for many reasons or we'd have no choice but to conclude that those ridiculous 1000 dollar heels with the red soles that women with more money than sense seem so enamored of are the best shoes around.

I chose to go the textile route in buying riding gear after I bought my NC. Nothing against leather, there is a lot of cool stuff out there. But somehow the image of riding my NC with full leathers on into a group of Harley types didn't conjure up good things. As Kevin says in Home Alone, "A kid could get beat up for that." While it actually might not come to anything physical, I can imagine a few raised eyebrows.

I wear a Firstgear Scout 3 leather jacket that I've had for about 10 years. It's a wonderful jacket, but it cost me a pretty penny. This thread made me curious how much they go for today, so I took a lap around the internet to find out and discovered that Firstgear doesn't make leather jackets anymore. I wonder if leather isn't so popular anymore, or if costs have gone up so much that they can't be sold at a reasonable price? Such a shame.

I've ordered one of the 100 dollar chinese jackets from leatherup. We'll see how it holds up; it seems to be made well enough. Though it could prove a little too budget, I agree with the posters who've expressed a little incredulity that a quality leather jacket has to cost upwards of 500 bucks and that it should be so because 'quality costs more.' While that's true to some extent, prices can be inflated for many reasons or we'd have no choice but to conclude that those ridiculous 1000 dollar heels with the red soles that women with more money than sense seem so enamored of are the best shoes around.

I chose to go the textile route in buying riding gear after I bought my NC. Nothing against leather, there is a lot of cool stuff out there. But somehow the image of riding my NC with full leathers on into a group of Harley types didn't conjure up good things. As Kevin says in Home Alone, "A kid could get beat up for that." While it actually might not come to anything physical, I can imagine a few raised eyebrows.

Hi guys
good leathers (full leathers) need custom fit. These will cost USD2000 etc.
A good leather jacket can be had for around 150-300usd around here in Europe.
They can also be found on online stores, if you know your exact sizes.
Motorrad Helme, Motorradbekleidung, Jet Helme und Cross Helme im motoin Marken-Shop
Louis - Motorrad & Freizeit - Europas Nr.1 für Motorradbekleidung, Motorradhelme und Motorradzubehör.

Hope this helps.
:D
PS: I find it strange coz I always thought US had the best online stores...and motorcycle stores?
Hmm...

Back