• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

bike died

So, I think I found the problem. When I first did the wiring I wanted a clean install. So when I tried to tap into the red/brown plug I tried tying my line in right at the connector. In doing so I tried to remove the actual wire from the plug so that I could tie my wire in there. In doing so I put a screw driver in the female portion of the plug which ended up opening up the connector. When doing the voltage checks that Dale suggested I noticed that my brake light was on for whatever reason. I hit the front brake and the bike died. I moved the bike around and turned the key and the lights started to flicker. Everytime before that it was pretty steady, but this time it was very sporadic so I looked the connector and started to wiggle it and the bike kept cutting out. Once I took the plug apart I could see that the red/black female connector on the plug was wider than the red. I crimped it back together, turned the bike on and shook the wires and plug and everything seems good.

Now, obviously time will tell if I damaged other parts of the bike but for now I'm going to assume this is the only problem.

I will keep this thread updated if problems arise

As for voltage it was 13.7 key off, 13.2 key on, 11.2 while starting and 14. something once started and running

thanks for all the ideas and help everyone

Back