• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bike Bandit article: Going Bike Only

I'm almost only motorcycle. If it weren't for need to transport my 3yo son and kayaks on occasion I would be.
I commute over 50miles a day round trip year round here in SC. Everything from heavy rain, 20F temps to 110+F temps. Gear and the NC700 make it all possible.

Good article. Who is the author calling "not sexy as..." !! I think the NC looks "sexier than...." you name it....(Although I really do like Ducati's, I don't think they are for me).

The only thing that bothered me about the article is he made ot seem like riding becomes a chore. I guess it is best to be honest that it may not be for them. I have been without a car to drive to work since March and have no ill feelings. I look forward to my ride home everyday. ;)

My ride into work last thursday did scare me enough to start looking for a car. My rear tire lost traction on three different occassions so it is time to get a car for the icey days. I garenttee though that I will still choose the bike over the car.

I think number 5 is a key point to be made too. I enjoyed reading the article. Thanks

Gigs, a new commuter bike is just what I'm looking for. How much of your daily is 70+mph, and how does the bike do?

I think commuting is a bit of chore no matter what, but I'd still much rather ride. Granted, I live in SoCal, with horrible traffic and great weather.

Bines, I also frequently do 50+ mile round trip commutes, often 70-80+ just to keep up with the light and fast traffic at odd hours. Bike seems perfectly happy to do it all day.

Back