• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Tie Down Points for trailering an NCX?

nordbjorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, everyone.

I am picking up a 2013 NC700X tomorrow and will be trailering it home because I don't have my motorcycle endorsement just yet. I've rented a u-haul motorcycle trailer to get the bike home in. Just wondering if anyone has any tips regarding tie down points to avoid on the NC/ best points to use? A google search returns arguments for and against handlebar tie down, etcetera but nothing is specific to the NC.

Hi, everyone.

I am picking up a 2013 NC700X tomorrow and will be trailering it home because I don't have my motorcycle endorsement just yet. I've rented a u-haul motorcycle trailer to get the bike home in. Just wondering if anyone has any tips regarding tie down points to avoid on the NC/ best points to use? A google search returns arguments for and against handlebar tie down, etcetera but nothing is specific to the NC.

Mine got delivered to me with handlebar tie down straps amd I've used them several times over the years. As long as they are not damaged, frayed, or cut I don't see how it would be an issue. If you buy a set new I'd think that would be your best bet.

I'll let the others offer different methods.

Searching on here takes some practice to get good results.
Chuck needs to write a tutorial on how to search. He seems to be able to get meaningful search results.

On a side note…….on the AVD forum, everyone says to use google with a tag for "advrider.com" to search the forum. Supposed to work better than the forum’s search which is crappy.

I hauled my NCX in the back of a van from Oregon to Washington when I purchased it. I tied down the forks/lower triple clamps in the front and the lower subframe, just behind the engine in the rear. That seems to work on a lot of the bikes.

If picking up from a dealer I would think they could help you with it?

I bought it from a dealer in Ontario, OR. (Edge Performance Sports). It took 4 guys to lift the NCX and put it in the van. Free of charge. It all happened after closing time, too. Bunch of good guys.

I used ratchet straps looped around the handlebars and snugged up to the tie downs in my pickup truck. Really, the dealership put her in the truck and tired her down. That's how they did it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All of the feedback your getting is very good, however, be warned, the ncx does not care much for trailers! unlike many show type bikes that are in their natural element on a trailer the ncx may attempt to escape if trailered for more than a brief period of time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Have the dealership either sell you or maybe lend you some "Canyon Dancers". Plastic cups slip onto handlebar ends. Never any damage using Canyon Dancers.1.jpg

SmileyHappyOneThumbUp.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I too have Canyon Dancers and recommend them but I haven't trailered the bike since my Rox risers were installed. I also use a front wheel chock so the Canyon Dancers don't have to be tightened to the point where the bars are being bent. I also strap down the rear wheel. I saw a post in the CT700X forum that showed a motorcycle specific U-Haul trailer being added to their fleet complete with wheel chock.

nordbjorn, how did everything work out?

Back