• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Beemerphile - Get well soon!

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
2.jpgSaw message that Beemerphile is having knee surgery. Hope it all goes well for him. Get well soon and we miss you!2.jpg

smileySkelton.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know exactly what knee surgery is involved but if replacement, seems to be the surgery du jour (that and hip replacement) for folks of a certain age. Brian Williams (anchor for NBC Nightly News) just had knee replacement today.

+1 to OCR and Mike.

Don't know exactly what knee surgery is involved but if replacement, seems to be the surgery du jour (that and hip replacement) for folks of a certain age. Brian Williams (anchor for NBC Nightly News) just had knee replacement today.

+1 to OCR and Mike.

Actually I think he's having some torn cartilage removed. He said it's supposed to be outpatient with some PT afterwards. Shouldn't be off the bike for a long time.
Erik

Actually I think he's having some torn cartilage removed. He said it's supposed to be outpatient with some PT afterwards. Shouldn't be off the bike for a long time.
Erik

That is correct. I am hoping to be back to "normal" in 2-3 weeks - in time to take my newly reassembled 1976 R75/6 to Watkins Glen for the Finger Lakes BMW Rally. Thanks for the many good thoughts and PM's. Lots of very good people on this forum.

R75-L.jpg

Last edited:
Followed by my NEXT hopeless case project - a 1977 BMW R100RS that I bought new when I was 24 years old and sold in 1991 to a friend who abused her and left her locked in a barn for the last decade. This is Lincoln, my first BMW...

Photo102.jpg

Best wishes. Been having issues with my right knee since March. Hoping to avoid surgery.

They say you will know when it is time for surgery. Even though I used to make compression molded components for knee, hip, and wrist implants, I don't care to invest in my own product until it is absolutely necessary.

Godspeed to a successful, painless, and quick recovery Lee! May this short downtime allow you to rekindle the love for your first love/old flame! Good luck with your new challenge/project!

Oh great news, Mr Beemerphile...I hope you will be " back in the saddle again, Out where a friend is a friend" and "Ridin' the range once more". It is great to see you on the forum.

Hope all goes well with the knee surgery and you are up and around in no time. Also good to see you back on the forum. You have such great insights and knowledge to share with those of us who are new in this game. Although I don't understand all the technical jargon I pay attention to your advice and counsel and good ole common sense.

Thanks all for the kind words. I leave in about 15 minutes with Mrs. Beemer in full control of me. I am simply to do as I am told. Sounds easy enough.

heal well beemerphile! remember, "better living thru chemistry". if you're hurting you won't want to do your PT.

Heal fast Beemerphile. I'm fighting replacement of my left knee - hope to make it a few more years before I have to get it fixed.

Back