• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bark buster hand guard and MFW vario positioning foot pegs

trooper

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered these from Twisted Throttle! They look sweet on their website Loaded 700x. Anybody have these? If so, what do you think? The hand guards are the slightly larger Storm model.

I just ordered these from Twisted Throttle! They look sweet on their website Loaded 700x. Anybody have these? If so, what do you think? The hand guards are the slightly larger Storm model.

Link? Picture?

Link? Picture?

Lazy?
blah.gif

Barkbusters Storm Handguard (Suzuki DL650 ‘12-’13, Honda NC700X, Varadero & Crosstourer) - V-Strom DL650 '12-'13 - Suzuki - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com

MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (most Honda models) - TwistedThrottle.com

I,ve got the barkbuster storms,,, I have them fitted with the original bar end weights still in place,I just used the weights screws to hold in place,but I intend to get my mech the fit barkbuster own bar end weights which are narrower and stronger,,,,,,,For what reason did you buy the MFW vario positioning foot pegs???...its not something I would ever consider,

I have the MFW lowering pegs. 30mm arms. They are well made but seemed a bit pricy to me. I got the super grip rubberized pegs. The pegs are grippy. Just wish they had more of a wide flat peg like the stock ones as an option. I have them mounted straight down which dropped my knees about an inch.

I,ve got the barkbuster storms,,, I have them fitted with the original bar end weights still in place,I just used the weights screws to hold in place,but I intend to get my mech the fit barkbuster own bar end weights which are narrower and stronger,,,,,,,For what reason did you buy the MFW vario positioning foot pegs???...its not something I would ever consider,

Hello, I bought the vario foot pegs because I am 6'6" and I can lower these pegs to make me look less like a preying mantis on a motorcycle.

I have the MFW lowering pegs. 30mm arms. They are well made but seemed a bit pricy to me. I got the super grip rubberized pegs. The pegs are grippy. Just wish they had more of a wide flat peg like the stock ones as an option. I have them mounted straight down which dropped my knees about an inch.

Hello, I bought the vario foot pegs because I am 6'6" and I can lower these pegs to make me look less like a preying mantis on a motorcycle.

What is your inseam length? My inseam on my jeans is 34" and my right knee starts hurting after a while. Can you feel a big difference?
When I have my seat worked on, I'm going to have them add a inch or two to it. I also want the lower pegs, just have to keep saving for all the farkles.

My peg's are on backorder so haven't gotten them yet. Inseam is 36. What are you doing to your seat to raise it?

I’m 34-35” inseam. The seat mod made the biggest difference for me. Lowering pegs did also help but I think the seat was the bigger change. Pegs did drop the knees down another inch. With the varying positions, you can move the peg forward or backward a bit though that lessens the lowering.
Trooper, here is a seat mod you can do yourself. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1574-seat-mod-slope-change.html
After doing the slope change I decided I could wait another year before sending the seat of to Russell or Mayer.

Thanks for the info bamamate. The slope is kind of bazaar. It sure does push you and keep you forward. Not to mention a little slippery. Cheers

If you use the lowering pegs, be sure to Locktite the heck out of the bolts. If one were to vibrate out while you were standing on the pegs it could be the death of you. I would like to have seen them with more thread engagement. Maybe that aspect is possible to mod.

If you use the lowering pegs, be sure to Locktite the heck out of the bolts. If one were to vibrate out while you were standing on the pegs it could be the death of you. I would like to have seen them with more thread engagement. Maybe that aspect is possible to mod.

+1 on this advice. Had one of my pegs start to loosen up. Thankfully I noticed it as the peg had rotated a little.

Back