• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bagster Tank Cover

whyzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Any have any of these yet? Have been seeing picture of just the tank cover on ebay, but would like to know how it is mounted.

mDgE-_0b7M-Jrvjp4lnr4yw.jpg

This would potentially reduce the need of a tail bag. :cool:

Whyzee, I had a Bagster tank bra on my Multistrada. Very good quality and liked it very well. It mounts semi permanently, in that once you have it on, there's no need to take it off. It's designed for 'their' tank bag to easily clip on the bra via 4 mounting points. I'm guessing, for obvious reasons, on the NCX, it will mount to the glove box lid instead of frame members. It's a good bit of kit!

Thanks Cyclerosis, I did owned Bagster on several of my ex-bikes, but I'm really interested to see how it mount onto the non-tank lid. When we still be able to lift up the cover with a bag attached on the tank bra?

Thanks Cyclerosis, I did owned Bagster on several of my ex-bikes, but I'm really interested to see how it mount onto the non-tank lid. When we still be able to lift up the cover with a bag attached on the tank bra?

I emailed the seller and got this from him...

"...This BAGSTER TANKCOVER is slightly different than the others in the sense that this cover is designed to cover only the "dummy tank" trunk lid cover that is special for the NC700X when you open the "dummy tank/trunk cover lid" on your NC700X this BAGSTER cover is attached only to the lid so the lid can be opened with the cover attached to it so the cover doesnt need to be removed when you open the lid. To mount the cover you simply "slide" it over the lid like a "condom" lol on one side as it has some insewed "pockets" on underside so you can wrap it around the trunk lid from one side , then on the other side/end of the cover you have the "straps" to secure the cover to the lid. (straps only necessary on one side as one the other you simply slide the trunk lid into the "pockets" under the cover . Sorry for my bad english as Iam from Scandinavia."

What I was left to understand was whether the straps ran through the compartment seal areas, which would be unacceptable to me. I will contact him again and determine whether this is the case.

Last edited:
What I was left to understand was whether the straps ran through the compartment seal areas, which would be unacceptable to me. I will contact him again and determine whether this is the case.

Thanks for the research. I have to wonder if the underside of the Bagster is a rubberized material that, if slid on from one side of the lid and strapped in place from the other side, would form a sort of gasket that would retain the seals effectiveness.

I emailed the seller and got this from him...

Did you ever get more information on this?

I got fed up with the US source and just gave up.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry to hear that. Did you get a response on the question about the waterproof integrity of the dummy tank? I put in the same question to the Japanese distributor, but I am still waiting on a response...

Last edited:
Did you get a response on the question about the waterproof integrity of the dummy tank? I put in the same question to the Japanese distributor, but I am still waiting on a response...

No I did not. The US source was uninterested in doing anything but taking orders.

No I did not. The US source was uninterested in doing anything but taking orders.

Kudos to you for ordering just to find out. I have been searching online for info and/or installation images, but I have not been able to find anything. I will update here if I here back from Bagster.

Here are some photos of the tank cover fitted to my bike.

[img=http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/703/p5260072.jpg]
Looks interesting, a few questions though. Seems like a lot of money for just a tank lid cover then one has to go and buy a tank bag for it. Wonder if it is just a universal fit for any tank bag to be used or does bagster sell a specific tank bag to connect to it? Did go to a bagster web site but did not see anything for nc700x listed there.

Anyone is USA have this cover and a tank bag with it and if so what model and cost please.
Thanks

I bought this because I already use the Bagster tank bag on my other bike.
I think it works well to incorporate the easy access to the trunk on the NC 700x and it has given me enough carrying capacity without the need to fit any panniers.

I would have thought you could adapt another make of tank bag to attached to the covers fixing points but in the thousands of miles I have used the bagster tank bags for I have never had one move while riding.

The Uk site has the cover and the bags listed but I would not know how much they would cost in the USA Baglux: Bagster: Tank Covers: Tank Bags: Bike Luggage

I have sent an email to bagster direct asking whether attaching the tank bag to the lid breaks the water tight seal. On the actual bagster website you cannot choose the NC700 as a model of bike their products support. Hopefully I will get a response and if so will I will update the thread. The frunk combined with one of bagster's 4 point secured tank bags would cover off pretty much everything I would need for a short 1/2 night trip. You can find them on ebay, they ship from UK. with the bag price added in looks like it will start to get pricey though.

Deecat, can you offer any insight about whether the water tight seal on the funk is broken with the tank cover attached?

Last edited:
Honestly, It looks good though. I'm just curious to see about the actual integrity of the build... if it'll actually hold its shape and what not.

I'd rather buy a cheapo backpack and ride with it.
Same cost and I can multiple use it :)
Motorcycle Backpacks check it out. I spent 60$ on my jacket from them and got a discount coupon that came with it if anyone is interested.

I have not had any problems with the trunk lid leaking even when I have hosed the bike down so on that score the tank cover is working fine.

We are going to try the bike with a full tank bag fitted as we are going to the lake district area of the UK and usually it rains but the forecast is for Sun for the 5 days we are there so I am hoping not to test it in the wet.

We are travelling two up and just using the trunk the tank bag and a top box.

It is going to be a bit of an experiment to see if we can tour on this bike as we usually use the CBF 1000 but the wife prefers the lower speeds of the NC x

Hi Deecat,

that cover looks the nuts! what is even better is those hand guards. What are they called?Where did you get them? are they easy to fit? and can you fit them on DCT versions?

great looking bike.

The guards are from the Suzuki accessory range for the V-strom 650 2012
Part number 57300-27830-291 and cost £50 with tax .

As my bike is not the automatic version I would not know if they will fit but there is a good bit of room near my clutch lever .

These guards are a standard fitting on some of the V-strom models so maybe a trip to a dealer with a tape measure would give you a better idea.

Back