• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bad Brakes

shoemonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i'm on the way home and i see a guy pushing a Triumph, it was yellow other than that i'm not sure he had a run out of petrol or his battery had died so i help him push it uphill to the nearest garage he had already done this for 1/4 mile it was a heavy bike, i think karma was looking after me as my back brake did not go wrong until i got to my garage.
Bad brakes - YouTube

UPDATE so had a call from the dealer they say that when the brake pedal was replaced that the master cylinder was not taken of in this process???? However on contacting Honda they have been told that the two bolts were not talked up properly from the factory and the damaged swing arm will be replaced by honda under warranty, so get the two bolts checked guys.

I have to say that I will be doing all my own servicing from now on, and seeing that just conforms it for me.

I had a chain tensioner not tightened after my 1000km service, so the whole thing twisted loose into the rear sprocket.
At the same service they 'check and tighten' all nuts and bolts, they over tightened the brake lever pivot, causing the lever to bind, the lever not realise, and the fluid in the front brake system to boil.

My alarm was fitted at the same time, they wired it to the brake light line, instead of the tail light, so everytime I touched the brakes, the alarm went crazy, wiring was left hanging out, and several of the push clips that hold the panels on the bike where simply not put back, so the panels were loose.

The sales, parts, and clothing/accessory part of the dealer are great, and the manager has gone out of his way to make up for the failures of the service department.

But I just don't trust them anymore.

What bolts came loose on the rear brake? Edit: nevermind on the question i didnt realize that was a video..

This stories above are why i am doing my own water pump even while still under warranty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
If someone removed or replaced the rear brake lever they most likely removed the foot peg bracket for ease of service...they left the bolts loose. Dealer is looking for cover....(cover their butt that is).

Maybe this should be titled "bad service" not "bad brakes".

?????Who installed your aftermarket exhaust and did they remove the foot peg bracket??????

Someone tried to steal your master cylinder :):):)

The bolts that hold the master cylinder have white paint mark meaning they are torqued and then double checked at the factory.

DSCN0093.jpg

Last edited:
the master cylinder came loose about 1000 miles after my 8000 mile service, i put the new exhaust on myself didn't need to take anything of the bike apart from the old one and the dealer for the most part have been good but if this is a Honda problem and the bolts were in fact not correctly tightened this worries me! what else is not wright from factory, i've asked Honda that the bike is fully serviced again all bolts checked or how can i ride the bike with confidence!

the only thing that i'm yet to find out is, to replace the foot pedal for the back brake is it required that you remove the master cylinder ?? as the dealer have told me it is not and they replaced it about 3 months ago under warranty, as it rusted very badly after one winter, the bike is garaged lol

Last edited:
Back