• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Avon Distancias (80/20) SuperMoto

Alright... First tank in at 71.1 MPG with the Avons.... Mostly city riding, a little off road. Will be doing more off road this weekend, dirt drills and a little mountain road trial with a couple of BMW 650 GS's ill let you guys know how it goes

they are great tires, I had them on my motard (drz400sm) and will be putting them on the NC as soon as I need new rubber

Yep sorry old too early is right. I am not a real long distance rider like yourself, but I needed the better off road performance. I can say that I think some others estimates of short wear may be founded. After about 400 miles on mixed surfaces the wear is visible to a keen eye, but nothing crazy.

... I can say that I think some others estimates of short wear may be founded. After about 400 miles on mixed surfaces the wear is visible to a keen eye, but nothing crazy.

I hope they exceed your expectations. I can't say the same for the Pirelli MT-60's I just removed with only 1800 miles on them. The rear was done and the front prolly had less than a thousand left in it. I put on Michelin Pilot Road 3's. You'd have to have corporate sponsorship to ride the Pirellis very many miles. And they were not that great while they lasted. The dirt performance was just "ok". They were noisy and had substantially less street performance than the Metz Z8's that preceded it. With the Metzelers I could do a front brake stoppie. With the MT-60 it squalls like there is a cat caught up in the spokes and the front end starts to tuck.

Sorry to hear about your Pirelli experience..... So far no complaints with the Avons, if I ever have one I expect it may be wear, but I do not have such a complaint as of yet, the wear is fine.. They have been quiet and the dirt grip good.

I had a set on my DRZ400SM and got 6000 miles on the rear. The front was still going strong. Granted, the DRZ was 170lbs lighter but I spun the rear tire a lot on the DRZ, so I would expect to get in the neighborhood of 6000 miles on the NC depending on how you ride.

Last edited:
I had Avon Distanzias on a BMW F650GS (single cylinder model) and the rear was worn out at 6,000 miles but the front was still good for a couple of thousand more. They were not as good as the Metzeler Tourances which were the OE fitment where the rear one lasted over 10,000 miles.

8.jpgOver the years I have tried a lot of different tires. The percentage published by the manufactures does for the most part hold true. Also the rule of tire mileage - the better a tire does in the dirt (higher percentage off road tire), the less mileage it gets on the street. You now have to be careful when you purchase the Metzeler Tourance tire, as Metzeler now has the Metzeler Tourance Next tire also. I also like the Metezeler Torance, but I do not like the newer Metzeler Torence Next that does get better mileage as it is more of a street tire. I really need to run 60% off road tires that get horrible on road mileage, but I am too cheap. So, I just keep crashing in the dirt.

SmileyTwoThumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Avon Distanzias

Got these tires mounted today. It's a shame there's not a better selection for a dual purpose 17" front tire. Will give an update when I get back from offroading in Big Bend.

avon distanzia 01.jpgavon distanzia 02.jpgavon distanzia 03.jpg

nothing shameful about Distanzias.. they are good tires

I assume you went supermoto up front and ?? in the rear?

I'm leaning to the 120 supermoto front and 150 dualsport in rear (after I measure my Bro's on his Strom)

I went with SM for both.
Since I got these tires today...tomorrow a really good 80/20 tire will come out for our front! lol
I needed the tires now and don't expect good mileage, so the next time I need tires I think the selection will be much better.

Back