• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Avon Distancias (80/20) SuperMoto

I'll be watching for your review and mileage report...

... can't wait to shed the Metzlers.. probably at the end of this coming season...

I just bought USMC ECW mittens and they broke the cold snap.. .hope you're right on 17" ds selection

Last edited:
I have run the Avons for more than 2000 miles and I couldn't be happier.,the grip is great on-road better than the stockers and off road it's like night and day. I have done more than 200 miles off road and found the grip to be quite good. Overall very impressed with the tire for what it is. :D

Distanzias are a great tire, very common in the supermoto world.

For my NC, if I were to buy them, I'd go with the Dual sport version of the tire -- our bikes are heavy and the supermoto tire is made to heat up under the relatively light weight of a supermoto -- which ours is not.

Nonetheless, you'll love them. They handle pretty well on fire roads, and great on the street.

For what it's worth I have the SM version of the tire, last I checked it was the only version offered that fit the NC, and again I have had nothing but good things to say about them. Personally I don't think that the 100 or so lb difference in our bike and your avg SuperMoto would make that big of a difference in wear on the tire based on the type of riding you are likely to do on the NC. Overall my experience with the tires is good enough that when these wear out I will likely just buy another set. Comparing them to the new, stock tires which I replaced at 600 miles for the Avons is night and day, both on the street and on the dirt.

Stock front has a slow leak around a repair puncture.........new season new tires...........

Set of Avon Distanzia Supermoto's on their way.........$282 for the set. :cool::cool::cool: Rocky Mountian

More gravel and dirt roads in Wisconsin to explore.:)

Stock front has a slow leak around a repair puncture.........new season new tires...........

Set of Avon Distanzia Supermoto's on their way.........$282 for the set. :cool::cool::cool: Rocky Mountian

More gravel and dirt roads in Wisconsin to explore.:)

1000 miles on the new tires..........smooth ride even compared to stock tires. Gravel and dirt roads seem to be perfect.

Pavement using far more tire on corning lean with far more confidence.........tires are suburb combination of road and "light dirt"..........with little or no compromises.

I've put about 4000 miles on my Distanzias and have been very happy with them. They have excellent grip on and off road. What I'm not happy about is the selection of tires available for the 17" front...hopoefully that will change soon.
I'll be lucky if I can get another 2K out of the rear tire, but 6000 miles out of a SM tire ain't bad! The center of the rear has flattened...I ride 90% paved roads.
The Shinkos are getting my attention, but I don't really wanna raise my fender or increase the width of the front tire.The K60 and TKC would be a good choice for me if I had a second set of rims or was changing tires in say Alaska!!!!
Bottom line: When the time comes, I'll go with the Avons again if no new choices are available.

In the market and debating between the Avon and Metzeler Next. I like the Avon a bit better for off-road, at least they look better. Any long term mileage updates on the Avon? How many miles did you end up getting out of them, and how hard were you on them?

I've put about 4000 miles on my Distanzias and have been very happy with them. They have excellent grip on and off road. What I'm not happy about is the selection of tires available for the 17" front...hopoefully that will change soon.
I'll be lucky if I can get another 2K out of the rear tire, but 6000 miles out of a SM tire ain't bad! The center of the rear has flattened...I ride 90% paved roads.
The Shinkos are getting my attention, but I don't really wanna raise my fender or increase the width of the front tire.The K60 and TKC would be a good choice for me if I had a second set of rims or was changing tires in say Alaska!!!!
Bottom line: When the time comes, I'll go with the Avons again if no new choices are available.

I'm planning on putting an Avon on the front and keep running a Shinko 705 on the rear. I think I will get at least 6000 miles from the 705 and it only costs around $85. I miss how my bike handled with the stock sized front but want to be able to still play in the dirt so this should work well.
Mike

Sorry for the delay In responding.... Unfortunately I have no mileage to report with the rear tire as it took a nail at about 3500 miles and I had to replace it. It held up well until then though.

I have about 4000 miles on the front (maybe a little more) and it is definately starting to show wear. I have a 3000 mile ride in October and I think I will have to replace it by then.

It is unfortunate because they are great looking tires and they handle well on and off road IMHO. However after reading up on the Shinko 705s and doing the cost analysis, I think those may be my next tire. I may run the Shinko up front and the Avon on the rear until it's done. I will update this again with final mileage when I take the avon off.

Distanzia Super Moto rear done after 4000 miles . About 1/16" to the wear indicator.
Front still OK except for feathering likely caused by braking.
The new tires are Shinko 705 very similar to the Distanzia. Shinko not a super moto compound. Distanzia are avaialble in non super moto compound but not in the NC sizes.

DSCN1858.jpgDSCN1860.jpgDSCN1863.jpgDSCN1864.jpg

Last edited:
Distanzia Super Moto rear done after 4000 miles . About 1/16" to the wear indicator.
Front still OK except for feathering likely caused by braking.View attachment 23343View attachment 23344View attachment 23345View attachment 23346

I've only run street tires on any bike I've owned, but have considered venturing onto roads less traveled on my NC. Still have the OEM Bridgestone Battlax 23's (very happy with) on mine. Come to think of it, my Ninja had Battlaxs' on it back in '95....
Anyway - to anyone who has run these 80/20 type tires - is this typical wear - 4000 miles or so for the rear? Just checking...trying to do my homework...input appreciated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
4000 miles worn out is likely to the super Moto compound ( soft compound) . I have used these Distania tires on a Transalp ( regular compound) and was getting well over 10,000 miles on both front and rear.

Last edited:
I got close to 9k out of my rear Shinko. I just put a new one on last week. Almost 11months since I mounted my first set of Shinko's. Shinko's are pretty firm, so that probably why they last longer.

Back