• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone with Scorpion EXO500/1100 or Nolan N85?? Does it fit in "tank"?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking around for a new lid. Narrowed it down to these three: Scorpion EXO500 or 1100 and the Nolan N85. I'm wanting something with an integral flip down tinted visor so I'm not always switching between my clear and tinted visors (I ride to work in the dark and leave in the blinding sun :cool: ).

Anyway, I can't seem to find these in stock locally so I can't see if they fit in the "tank". My current lid is a Scorpion EXO 700 and it fits. But, the helmets I am looking at have different shapes (Nolan a little elongated and the Scorpions have different spoilers at the back of the helmets.

So, anyone happen to have any of these and can tell me how/if they fit, size XL is what I wear.

Thanks!

I know for a FACT that the Exo 1100 DOES NOT FIT in the "non-tank". I was kinda bummed about it!!! Here are the pics that show that it ALMOST fits. I think if you jumped up and down on the helmet a couple of times it would fit nicely (and NEVER come out)!

image copy 2.jpgimage.jpg

A couple of thoughts on helmets that are a bit to large to fit. If it's width, well bummer, not much you can do about that. If it's depth (into the storage), you can remove the lower cover that hides the owner's manual. That could give you just enough extra depth to get the top closed. The owner's manual and tools can always be stored under the rear seat. If it's front to back, well, the battery cover has a big blob of plastic sticking out for the attachment of a lock. I suppose it wouldn't be to hard to fabricate something more flat for the battery cover and ditch the stock one. That would give you a bit more room.

Tromba, you might try taking the battery cover off and see if your helmet fits. If it does, you may get lucky with some sheet goods and a little time in the shop. Also, try bagging your helmet first.

For me, my Nolan 102, Nolan 103, and HJC CL-14 all fit fine. Like Rocker66, I always bag the helmet first. Makes it easier to slide in and out. As far as size goes, I think the outer shell is typically the same. It's the inner cheek pads that determine the actual size, unless of course you start getting into kid's sizes.

WGW

Last edited:
I surprised so many want to use the hole for helmets, I have to much other crap in there like I would put in a tank bag, on a weekender I would carry extra emergency tools mainly flat tire repair/small compressor. For daily duty I just hang my older RF1000 on the passenger footrest, I never go to any nasty places and rarely do any errands after dark. But my new Arai XD I have been locking in the trunk. Incidently the I found my 2xl XD3 on clearance for $299 shipped, they only had 2xl in silver no other sizes or colors. Anybody with a big head due to lots o brains and wants an XD I'll post the website for you, I was in there today and they still list it in 2xl.

Tromba, you might try taking the battery cover off and see if your helmet fits. If it does, you may get lucky with some sheet goods and a little time in the shop. Also, try bagging your helmet first.

WGW

I have a Givi 52N topcase so I use it for other things. I used the Honda supplied cable until I could get the 52N. I had planned on purchasing it anyway.

I have the Scorpion Exo900 modular and it does fit. You have to pull it out with 2 hands b/c it won't slide back out easily with only one hand to guide it. Kind of impressive; it surprizes people if they're not familiar with the bike and happen to see you pull the big helmet out of the hole like a magic trick.

Like radiotinnitus, I also have the EXO900 (with the flip-down sunvisor), Large. Couldn't help but smile as I was walking to my bike, and a concerned coworker asked why I'm not wearing a helmet (since she didn't see me carrying one). I told her that I will wear one, and then she laughed her head off when my helmet magically appeared out of the front storage. Gets them every time. :)

Last edited:
I just purchased a Nolan N90 and it fits nicely. Don't know how it compares to the N85, but one review I watched on the N90 talked about how it was more elongated than the Nolan 103. It does give me great chin room, and I really like the drop down sun visor.

I have a Nolan N90, 2XL for my Charlie brown head...and I was surprised to find that it FIT in the frunk. Great helmet, with the sunvisor you are,looking for.

Looking around for a new lid. Narrowed it down to these three: Scorpion EXO500 or 1100 and the Nolan N85. I'm wanting something with an integral flip down tinted visor so I'm not always switching between my clear and tinted visors (I ride to work in the dark and leave in the blinding sun :cool: ).

Anyway, I can't seem to find these in stock locally so I can't see if they fit in the "tank". My current lid is a Scorpion EXO 700 and it fits. But, the helmets I am looking at have different shapes (Nolan a little elongated and the Scorpions have different spoilers at the back of the helmets.

So, anyone happen to have any of these and can tell me how/if they fit, size XL is what I wear.

Thanks!

Back