• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone want to get in on this??

Not trying to be a stick in the mud here, but I would be careful with this. Trying to use a bulb of different construction with the stock reflector sometimes has bad results. The stock reflector is made to focus the light output of a specifically located filament. Incandescent bulbs have separate high and low beam filaments. The high beam filament is located to give a higher, wider pattern compared to the low beam, which is lower and more concentrated. It looks like this LED uses the same diode and just gives it more voltage for the High setting, which would result in the same beam pattern, just brighter.

If you order it, I would test it out before sending the other bulb to someone else, which would make returns more difficult. Usually, Amazon has a good return policy.

Actually this particular led design seems to be very close to the original filament design, much much better than the usual HID night havoc.
Of course extravagant intensity could mean trouble for oncoming traffic on inclines/big bumps however proper the beam may be.

2727_i2.jpg
41jzbnzlJdL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking of doing a LED conversion but all the kit have two bulbs. I'd buy the kit and send the other bulb for half of what I paid. This kit on amazon.com.

Amazon.com: HOT ITEM!!! 25W White 1800 LM Cree 9004 HB1 Car Led High Low Dual Beam Headlight Bulb Kit x2 in: Home Improvement

Our bulbs are H4. Does this seller have those? The link is 9004 style.

These are better IMHO, and have been installed by others with NCX's at any rate, with good reviews. Sold individually.

LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules - ADVrider

They are $59.95 US plus about $17.00 US postage

Aren't H4 and 9004 the same?

The sockets are the same, but the filaments are placed a little bit differently and the H4 uses an internal reflector cup in the bulb, for a different light pattern. The NC700 reflector is made to distribute from a H4. Not sure of how much different a 9004 would look since it just basically dumps light out of the bulb (no internal reflector).

My mistake. I was thinking of 9003.

LBS Googles "9003"

Huh! There are some serious gaps in my ol' noggin data bank, lol. :eek:

I never even knew of such a bulb. I know about the H3, H4, 9004, but would have failed a skill testing Lottery question on a 9003 :eek:

LBS Googles "9003"

Huh! There are some serious gaps in my ol' noggin data bank, lol. :eek:

I never even knew of such a bulb. I know about the H3, H4, 9004, but would have failed a skill testing Lottery question on a 9003 :eek:
Just know when I buy replacement H4 bulbs for my truck I see both on package. Assumed a new numbering standard.

There is also this option EC - LED Headlight Bulb - H4 High/Low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those would work! I did some research on the headlight LED's and they seem to perform very well. There is a thread on ADVrider on the LEDs showing good results. As far as how this works in our bikes I have no idea but for around $50 bucks it's worth the experiment.

Good find cdnuser on the single bulb set up. Now who's going first! :D

Got the same cree LED headlight installed this afternoon. Took some pictures that are basically worthless so I'll have to try again later. The LED bulb is definitely less than impressive.The light color is definitely more blue, but not so blue as to make me feel like a ricer. The only real advantage of the LED is that the low beam stays on with the high which is not true of a standard bulb unless you use the passing switch. The high beam alone on this bike is aimed a bit high for my taste. I'll leave the LED in for a bit since I only got in one short ride but at this point it's not something I would run around recommending.

Back