• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone use GearBrake or VoloMod (or VoloLight)

luckedoggs

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the GearBrake, in fact, they used my bike to finalize the NC harness. One of the owners is a friend of mine. Works great, and I have the module tucked up in the tail completely hidden. works every time.

I have the GearBrake, in fact, they used my bike to finalize the NC harness. One of the owners is a friend of mine. Works great, and I have the module tucked up in the tail completely hidden. works every time.

If you do not mind asking your friend. Find out if the pre-wired units are in fact compatible with the 2012 & 2013 models. On their website it out states 2014 thru 2016 Honda NC700, no mention of previous models.

I am sure that this unit will, it's best to find out for sure.

Thinking of installing extra tail lights, and came across this product VoloMod. Then found another similar product GearBrake. They are more expensive than a $10 brake modulator, but work through de-acceleration (auto stop light).

Vololights: Brakeless Deceleration Indicator for Motorcycles

GearBrake - Smart Brake Light Moduleâ„¢

Anyone has any experience. GearBrake offers a harness for NC700, so no splicing or tapping needed.

If I were to choose between the two, I'd go with the GearBrake.

The reviews for the Vololights license plate frame unit were not that favorable. The biggest complaint about it was it was not bright enough.

If you do not mind asking your friend. Find out if the pre-wired units are in fact compatible with the 2012 & 2013 models. On their website it out states 2014 thru 2016 Honda NC700, no mention of previous models.

I am sure that this unit will, it's best to find out for sure.

If I see him tonight (it is possible) I will ask. As i have the 2014, that may be why they list the 2014-2015 only. So long as the wiring harness is the same, it should work. The unit itself will work, the only thing about it that is bike specific is the plug to use with existing cabling. Getting the universal unit (no bike-specific plug) will work for any bike. Besides, if you wanted to splice in without using a bike-specific plug, you will save $30.

Last edited:
If I see him tonight (it is possible) I will ask. As i have the 2014, that may be why they list the 2014-2015 only. So long as the wiring harness is the same, it should work. The unit itself will work, the only thing about it that is bike specific is the plug to use with existing cabling. Getting the generic unit (no bike-specific plug) will work for any bike.

Great, I am ordering one off of Amazon for NaNCy. I also have a 2015 Zero SR, I will also will like to know if the 2014 Zero model will fit the 2015.

Let me know... :eek:

Last edited:
I will let you know. Just shot him a message.

All I can say is mine works great, and adjustment for sensitivity is VERY simple, especially if you have someone who can watch you test. I have the flashing version. It flashes 6 times when you release the throttle, and when you press on the break lever.

I will let you know. Just shot him a message.

All I can say is mine works great, and adjustment for sensitivity is VERY simple, especially if you have someone who can watch you test. I have the flashing version. It flashes 6 times when you release the throttle, and when you press on the break lever.

DONE & DONE!!! :cool:

I like the idea of the automatic deceleration detection.... flashing when that happens... get seen sooner... .
Here's the [LINK] to what I did to make myself more visible..

If I see him tonight (it is possible) I will ask. As i have the 2014, that may be why they list the 2014-2015 only. So long as the wiring harness is the same, it should work. The unit itself will work, the only thing about it that is bike specific is the plug to use with existing cabling. Getting the universal unit (no bike-specific plug) will work for any bike. Besides, if you wanted to splice in without using a bike-specific plug, you will save $30.

"NO", the connectors are not the same for the 2013 and possibly for the 2012 NC700XDs. I bought a unit off of Amazon claiming to be for 2014-2015 Honda NC700X. I did not want to fuss with returning it, so I decided to use it.

After a lot of examining what I had to work with, I decided on making my own adapter harness using the existing OEM Bulb Socket Assembly. Here's how my installation ended up, GearBrake - Brillot2000 Installation.

Last edited:
Got the GearBrake from Amazon with the NC connectors. It was plug and play. Works like a charm. Stuffing all that wiring in the under wheel well compartment was a pain though. It did not close completely. Anyone face similar issues?

Back