• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone install an alarm?

tusken_guy

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to go out with friends to one of the many bars in town to have an iced tea... but always afraid of taking the bike due to some drunk or some idiot trying to sit on it.

I recently found a "gorilla motorcycle alarm". Has tilt, shock, warning light, sensor, 2 way pager. Even says this: compatible with all motorcycle electrical systems / virtually all makes and models. So does that mean it should work with ours?

I am not wanting some chain to prevent it from being stolen, just some visual and audible deterrent for some of the public.

Gorilla Compact Motorcycle Alarm Security Cycle Harley Metric Bikes 8017 | eBay

Amazon.com: Gorilla 9100 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System: Automotive

I got the Gorilla, without the pager version. Installed at the very end of the rear bodywork. All you do is wire it to the battery and if you want a visual indicator, fit the LED somewhere. Seems to work well, I use it as a deterrent only too.

Like Bikerguy, I use an alarmed disc lock:
» XX10 Disc-Lock Alarm XENA Security Disc Locks, Alarms and Accessories for Motorcycles and Scooters
It makes lots of noise if the bike is moved and as an added benefit it makes it much harder to move any distance. Of course it's like any security system and will only deter casual thieves and people that don't want attention drawn to themselves. Two people could still lift the bike and throw it in the back of a truck and I suspect that some impaired thinking drunks wouldn't care at all that the alarm is blaring while they sit on your bike and make "vroom vroom" sounds.

I also have a xenaxx10. It fits the front disk on the NC and the rear disk on my other bike perfectly. One alarm. Two bikes. No wiring hassles.

Back