• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any issues with the 2012 NC700X DCT Models?

Jarrett

Reaction score
Visit site
Was that the first year for them? Any issues to note?

A local dealer has one at 2,500 miles and thinking about getting it.

2012 was the first model year for the NC700X in the US. It first became available the last week of July, 2012. (In fact, my first test ride on an NC was that week in 2012 at the DFW Honda dealer out toward the airport). Grey was your only color choice that year.

There was was only one recall on that model year. It was an inspection and possible replacement of the final drive chain. Just check that the recall was complete by entering the VIN on the Honda site: Recall Information - Honda Powersports

I have two 2012 NC700Xs at the moment and there have been no issues with either one.

At only 2500 miles and 6 years age, you might check on the age or condition of the battery.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info, it returned this:

Number of Open Recalls: 0

Last Updated: Jun 12, 2018

There are no current safety recalls for this vehicle.

2012 was the first model year for the NC700X in the US. It first became available the last week of July, 2012. (In fact, my first test ride on an NC was that week in 2012 at the DFW Honda dealer out toward the airport). Grey was your only color choice that year.
You may have test ridden this specific bike :)

Back