• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another Ermax Hugger installed!! Pics!

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Purchased from Frog Specialties (call and talk to Philippe as it does not show up on their website). Had to wait a bit for the latest batch to come in (he can order black or silver) but once he got it it was shipped same day via Fedex.

Installed it in a few minutes during lunch today.

Ermax Hugger in silver, perfect match to the factory silver:
photo.jpg

Installed:
DSC00604.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

Here you can see the brake line. You will have to remove the brake line retainer that secures the line in two places. The hugger comes with a stick on "tab" to run a zip tie through to secure the brake line. I did not use it. I made my own retention device out of a pipe bracket.
DSC00606.jpg

You will not re-use the brake line retainer:
IMGP2936.jpg

Clearance, no issues as I am running a stock tire. Philippe sent me a followup e-mail emphasizing that this was made to work with the stock tires :
DSC00609.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

This was a must buy for me. My 05 and 09 FZ6's came with a hugger from the factory so I was used to a clean underside! Fit and finish is excellent. Installation a breeze for anyone. Remove 3 bolts, put in place, install 3 new bolts. Cost was $178 shipped to Texas, your price may vary depending on where you are.

Last edited:
Very nice tweak, waiting for a hugger that is further back on the rear of the tire, like a duck!

Same.

The most covering one I can find so far on the 'net is the Skidmarx jobby, with the end going back just inline with the rear of the swingarm.

They make it so ridiculous to try and buy as far as stupid shipping costs, that I gave up for now. If the various vendors don't want my money then fine with me. I'll do without or make my own or something...

I'm not to sure about this one, I don't like the way it comes out over the top of the swingarm and I'm really not a fan of the integrated chain guard. I remove mine when I adjust the chain so I can get my alignment tool in there, I would hate to have to pull the hugger to do it.

I'm not to sure about this one, I don't like the way it comes out over the top of the swingarm and I'm really not a fan of the integrated chain guard. I remove mine when I adjust the chain so I can get my alignment tool in there, I would hate to have to pull the hugger to do it.

Well, it is only one more bolt as opposed to removing just the chain guard. I didn't care for the other one because you have to tap another hole in the swingarm.

Anyway, it is certainly doing it's job. Oh, and like I said in my OP, you need to call them as he nc doesn't even show up as one of the bikes they have parts for. He responds pretty quickly to his emails submitted through the website.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I called Phillipe last week about getting one of these. He told me that he wouldn't be able to get one in black. He only had silver available, and wouldn't be able to get black ones in unless he had a bulk order of 100+. Did he specifically tell anyone else differently?

Strange, of course when I asked he had already ordered 5 in silver so I claimed one. Perhaps I just misunderstood what colors were available as opposed to what he could/did order. Wouldn't take much to sand and repaint (which I may do when I get the inevitable first paint chip (I'd switch to a flat black).

Purchased from Frog Specialties This was a must buy for me. My 05 and 09 FZ6's came with a hugger from the factory so I was used to a clean underside! Fit and finish is excellent. Installation a breeze for anyone. Remove 3 bolts, put in place, install 3 new bolts. Cost was $178 shipped to Texas, your price may vary depending on where you are.

Hmmmm, looks a lot like the one I installed too . . . :)

I cut and used the existing brake line holder, well one end. It seems to hold it in place fine. I didn't like the included zip tie and mounting pad.

Back