• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Andreani cartridges

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have asked loads of questions before but can’t decide what to do. I have Racetech gold emulators and springs installed but even though the forks are a hundred times better I am not totally happy. I have had a price from my local suspension man to fit Andreani cartridges but before I pull the trigger I would like reviews from others who have done this mod. if you can spend the time.
Thanks

Rather than rehash all the issues, problems, or praises of the product, you can search on the word “Andreani” and read a lot of prior discussion.

One particular thread stands out: https://nc700-forum.com/threads/andreani-cartridges-a-warning.10815/

Yes, that was me. So my advice is to make absolutely sure that You have the correct travel for Your model. I also had issues with getting the level of damping that I required and that was never sorted despite a second rebuild.

After reading the thread you pointed me to, I have had some ideas. Firstly I think that my fork travel is not sufficient from memory it is 110mm I will measure that again when I next go out. Also my springs may be too heavy for my weight and I’ve got some of that.
Overall I am pondering on changing the springs for lighter ones.
My actual problems are, I have been unable to achieve the required rider sag so I shortened the spacers to give a little more, and I feel the ripple effect over small bumps which I believe is slow speed compression correct me if I’m wrong. Other than that the bike rides very well. I have fitted a Marzochi shock which works very well.

After reading the thread you pointed me to, I have had some ideas. Firstly I think that my fork travel is not sufficient from memory it is 110mm I will measure that again when I next go out. Also my springs may be too heavy for my weight and I’ve got some of that.
Overall I am pondering on changing the springs for lighter ones.
My actual problems are, I have been unable to achieve the required rider sag so I shortened the spacers to give a little more, and I feel the ripple effect over small bumps which I believe is slow speed compression correct me if I’m wrong. Other than that the bike rides very well. I have fitted a Marzochi shock which works very well.
On my NC, which has Racetech emulators, I can watch the forks going over small bumps and the forks don’t move at all. The bumps are just transmitted up to the bike. This annoys me. My only guess for the cause is that the seal friction is too high. Going over similar bumps with the Goldwing, the forks move to absorb the bumps.

On my NC, which has Racetech emulators, I can watch the forks going over small bumps and the forks don’t move at all. The bumps are just transmitted up to the bike. This annoys me. My only guess for the cause is that the seal friction is too high. Going over similar bumps with the Goldwing, the forks move to absorb the bumps.
Yes that’s a good description of the same thing happening to me, and like you say it’s very annoying. If I can find them I think I’ll try my original progressive springs with the emulators and see what happens. Got a few months over winter to have a play.

The emulators should be adjustable. You have to fish them out but there is normally a bolt with a spring on top. You can tighten or loosen this bolt to increase or decrease the high speed compression damping.

The emulators should be adjustable. You have to fish them out but there is normally a bolt with a spring on top. You can tighten or loosen this bolt to increase or decrease the high speed compression damping.

Yes, I know how to adjust the emulators. I have fished them out many times, experimenting with three different valving springs (silver, blue, and yellow), a range of spring settings, and experienced the effects of 2, 3, and 4 drilled emulator holes. Currently using the lightest available emulator spring (specially ordered silver ones), four holes, stock Honda oil, and stock Honda progressive fork springs. I tried RaceTech fork springs but they were too stiff. I ride solo and weigh around 170#.

Reactions: MZ5
In that case I would just try to find another set of forks from a better bike that can be engineered to fit, or another bike with much better suspension as standard. I doubt any changes to the very basic OE set up is going to give you the ride you are looking for. I put in linear 9.5N/mm springs, 150mm spacers, 15W oil and YSS emulators and I was OK with that but I am easily pleased. I weigh about 95kg in gear.

Yes, I know how to adjust the emulators. I have fished them out many times, experimenting with three different valving springs (silver, blue, and yellow), a range of spring settings, and experienced the effects of 2, 3, and 4 drilled emulator holes. Currently using the lightest available emulator spring (specially ordered silver ones), four holes, stock Honda oil, and stock Honda progressive fork springs. I tried RaceTech fork springs but they were too stiff. I ride solo and weigh around 170#.
Out of all you’re adjustment have you never got rid of the annoying “chattering”???

And I’ve searched with zero results for Maxton has anyone tried their cartridges? I know this would be more difficult from the USA as they are a U.K. company..

Last edited:
If you go the UK NC750 forum site, you might find some posts from a few that went the Maxton route. Not many though. That kind of suspension upgrade is very expensive and not many owners would see the point of spending so much on a budget bike.

Out of all you’re adjustment have you never got rid of the annoying “chattering”???

And I’ve searched with zero results for Maxton has anyone tried their cartridges? I know this would be more difficult from the USA as they are a U.K. company..
I have not experienced what I would call chattering, but my interpretation of chattering may be different than yours. Can you describe it?

I have not experienced what I would call chattering, but my interpretation of chattering may be different than yours. Can you describe it?
It’s just like a very fast pulsating from the front end, a little like running over a corrugated roof when running over ripples in the road.

If you go the UK NC750 forum site, you might find some posts from a few that went the Maxton route. Not many though. That kind of suspension upgrade is very expensive and not many owners would see the point of spending so much on a budget bike.
How do I find the U.K. site?
Thanks

It’s just like a very fast pulsating from the front end, a little like running over a corrugated roof when running over ripples in the road.
I think the emulator front end (and my rear Ohlins) handles washboard better than the stock setup. I don’t get the chatter you described on smooth road. As for ”chatter” over small ripples, I guess that goes back to the talk about the forks not being compliant, and remaining motionless on small bumps.

Yes, that was me. So my advice is to make absolutely sure that You have the correct travel for Your model. I also had issues with getting the level of damping that I required and that was never sorted despite a second rebuild.
Can I ask if you know which cartridge you had? 105/H04E or 105/H05E? I have a 2018 NC750X, UK, and need to do something with the suspension. I think105/H05E is the cartridge available.

Can I ask if you know which cartridge you had? 105/H04E or 105/H05E? I have a 2018 NC750X, UK, and need to do something with the suspension. I think105/H05E is the cartridge available.

Afraid I cannot help You there. Too many years have passed and I cannot recollect.

Back