• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Showa Dual Bending Valves - Cartridge Emulators?

Edgrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this on the UK NC forum. Does anyone on this USA NC forum have an answer?

"My 2022 750NCX DCT has the Showa Dual Bendy Valve forks. I find them a bit harsh on the high-speed damping when I hit a sharp bump. I am trying to figure out if it would be worth doing a relatively inexpensive mod by trying to fit cartridge emulators. I don't even know if it is even feasible to fit emulators to bendy valve forks. Has anyone out there tried?"

P.S. I emailed Racetech with this question but have had no reply after 5 days. Emulators might give me some damping adjustment. Has anyone stripped their forks and seen what the SDB Valves look like?

I posted this on the UK NC forum. Does anyone on this USA NC forum have an answer?

"My 2022 750NCX DCT has the Showa Dual Bendy Valve forks. I find them a bit harsh on the high-speed damping when I hit a sharp bump. I am trying to figure out if it would be worth doing a relatively inexpensive mod by trying to fit cartridge emulators. I don't even know if it is even feasible to fit emulators to bendy valve forks. Has anyone out there tried?"

P.S. I emailed Racetech with this question but have had no reply after 5 days. Emulators might give me some damping adjustment. Has anyone stripped their forks and seen what the SDB Valves look like?
Hi,
Like yourself I had very harsh forks going over anything bumpy,so I had cartridge fork upgrade.
Now they're bedded in its completely different and well worth the money.
The internal design of these forks is very old and basic.

Hi,
Like yourself I had very harsh forks going over anything bumpy,so I had cartridge fork upgrade.
Now they're bedded in its completely different and well worth the money.
The internal design of these forks is very old and basic.
You apparently did not identify your motorcycle year/model. To be clear, were you able to install a cartridge upgrade on an NC originally equipped with Dual Bending Valves?

You apparently did not identify your motorcycle year/model. To be clear, were you able to install a cartridge upgrade on an NC originally equipped with Dual Bending Valves?
Hi, sorry for the confusion.
Mine is a 2019 nc750s.
The entire for internals came out to be replaced with cartridges plus screw adjusters on top for added convenience,with new fork oil and seals too.

Hi, sorry for the confusion.
Mine is a 2019 nc750s.
The entire for internals came out to be replaced with cartridges plus screw adjusters on top for added convenience,with new fork oil and seals too.
So, are you certain your 2019 NC750S was manufactured with the Dual Bending Valve forks prior to your cartridge conversion? Early NCs had simple damper rod forks. I don’t know when or even if the S got DBV. Per post #6, the S didn’t have DBV, which is important to the purpose of this thread.

I think, the SDBV forks were first installed on the 2021's. One of the bikes "upgrades" from previous models

xH6iob4h.jpg

I guess like the self cancelling turn signals and emergency flashing brake light we still haven't got.

I don't find them as compliant as regular damper forks and I'm in their target rider weight range of 185 pounds.

AFAIK, the big update for the X and S in the UK/EU was in 2016. In 2018, only the X got the SDBV forks and traction control. The S was never updated beyond 2016 was was dropped in 2021

Replying to my earlier post:
I haven't ( yet ... ?) found any site that lists cartridge emulators for the most recent NC's so presumably it is not possible to fit them to bikes with SDBV front forks.

They use the SDBV on quite a few bikes now so maybe search for them too. Sportier bikes like the CBR650F use them I think. At the least it might give you an idea of who offers some sort of upgrade service.

Cogent Dynamics now has the “fix” for the front forks on the 2021+ NC750X. I just talked to them
Did they give you any more information? I couldn't find anything listed for the front forks on the 2021+ NC750X on their website

I was told that they had redone one 2021 NC750X and their changes glowingly satisfied the owner. Didn't go into detail, but you can always call and ask them .

I was told that they had redone one 2021 NC750X and their changes glowingly satisfied the owner. Didn't go into detail, but you can always call and ask them .
Thanks. I'll try emailing them and hope for a reply, something I didn't get from Racetech.:(

I'm following this closely as I'm beginning to think about upgrading the forks on my 21. I'm 200lbs and with side cases and gear it's over 230lbs. Front end is super harsh and bouncy over anything at all. Budget bike, so no complaints, but crappy forks compared to everything else I've had!

Did anything ever come of this? Did you find any upgrades?
Racetech springs and thier gold valve emulators have been a relatively inexpensive fix for damper rod forks for 20 years now. I bought these for my '23 NC750x but have not yet taken apart my forks to see what is involved in removing the Showa bend valves. I will try to report in the next couple weeks.

Back