• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Amphibious Soft Seat

MotoMachines

Reaction score
www.motomachines.com
This Softseat has an innovative design that allows you to customize the amount of cushion wanted. On the seat is an air release valve that allows you to choose how much cushion you want. Opening the valve will allow the seat to fill with air. Simply sit on the cushion and open the valve until the point of desired cushion.

The top of the seat has a suede finish whereas the bottom has an anti slip material. This seat has two straps to attach to the original seat for a universal and secure fit. It also comes with a carrying bag for easy storage when compressed.

Amphibious Softseat Large
Amphibious Softseat Small

20150810_134845.jpg

20150810_134945.jpg
Softseat - Large

20150810_134914.jpg
Softseat - Small

Nice. Oppostie of an Air Hawk.
These would be made of the same material as self-inflating mattresses for camping?

Would be interesting to hear from someone who has tried both this seat and an AirHawk. Neat idea but wonder how the ride changes with some foam and not just air pockets. Foam may yield less sliding around with a bit extra air in it.

I have. It's the single best farkle I've bought.
Are you set with the AirHawk pad then? Basically looking for someone that's in need of a seat pad, and willing to do an impartial review and/or comparison, in exchange for a nice discount and free shipping.

Does it soak up water?
Good question. I would assume it would, as it isn't waterproof. It has water resistant properties, though it does seem it would absorb water if there were enough water present to penetrate the shell.

Have you tried an AirHawk seat before, Mr. Fuzzy?

I have one I use occasionally for all day or multi day rides. I also have a Sergeant modified seat so much better than stock. My seat is better than stock seat with AirHawk, but the AirHawk improves the Sergeant for all day rides. As I only occasionally use it I am probably not the best person for your test.

Most motorcycles come with horrible seats from the manufactures. Motorcycle seats of many types have been around for years. Springs, Leather, Air, Gel, Water, Open Foam, Closed Foam, and a combination of all that stuff put together are a few I have tried in the last 50 something years. Some with a backrest and some without a backrest. The answer is quite simple ** Pick a seat that fits the type of riding you wil be doing, and most important is that the seat fits you. **

Back