• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Amish Gas

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled into the Lancaster, PA Costco to get gas. This Amish guy pulled in behind me. Now I'm worried what kind of gas I pumped. Definitely a different formulation of fuel than I am used to.

Amish gas.jpg

He's probably part of the Amish Mafia (remember that TV show) getting gas for the generator he's gonna use at the Rumspringa party he's throwing this weekend at a secret location :D

Either that or he's going to use it to blow up the other guy's buggy that is trying to move in on his territory.... Amish Mafia are viscous!

If there was a diesel pump, he may have been getting diesel for their kerosene heaters/lamps-diesel will work in those (you can also run kerosene in diesel tractors)-I have done both.. I have a kerosene heater I was as a backup in case power goes off during the winter (all electric house) ran out of kerosene, used diesel, no issue. I have had kerosene left over in the spring and ran it in my tractor-no problem with either.

Maybe the fact that gas is now made from corn, and horses eat corn........ ;)

There are some exceptions apparently allowed to their machinery rules. For example passing through farm country there were many 4 horse teams pulling equipment like harrows or hay rakes. One I passed was pulling a hay baler. The baler had a gas engine to work it. Apparently the PTO of the 4 horse team couldn't run the baler mechanisms.

Back