• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Amazing ride today.. First long journey

docb91b

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all,
I went on my first long ride today.. approximately 100 miles to in-laws. I had so much fun!!!!! Ended with a smile on my face (even though it was 103). I had to avoid the freeway (except for a brief stint) because I am still on a permit. However, I got to hit old route 66 and hit some twists. Makes me wonder why I waited 39 years for this fun!!???!!!???

Darin

Riding and enjoying the roads, and country. That's what it's all about.
Have you red "Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" ? One of several great books for the enthusiast.
Ride safe and smart.

Art

Howdy all,
I went on my first long ride today.. approximately 100 miles to in-laws. I had so much fun!!!!! Ended with a smile on my face (even though it was 103). I had to avoid the freeway (except for a brief stint) because I am still on a permit. However, I got to hit old route 66 and hit some twists. Makes me wonder why I waited 39 years for this fun!!???!!!???

Darin

Now that you have discovered the fun of riding I hope you get plenty of chances to enjoy it

You mentioned Route 66, memory lane! The mother road. The desert the town of Seligman will always be in my memories due to the Snow cap and Juan Delgadillo. Juan has passed, but I can still see him behind the counter when my wife ordered, asking her if she wanted a straw. How can anyone forget Juan's string ketchup bottle. Any adventurer who saw this place knew he had to stop, as it was an adventurer.

See Juan: Juan @ Delgadillo's Mad Cap Snow Cap 1987 Seligman AZ - YouTube

My favorite part of Route 66 in Arizona is between Kingman and Golden Shores. Near the summit at Sitgreaves Pass there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 125 turns in the few miles between Cool Springs and Oatman. Watch for wild burros, bighorn sheep and the "green ice" they leave behind.

I live 2 miles from RT 66 and ride it every day on the way to work. I have been on every mile of 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica, many, many times. I remember when it was one lane each way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going from Kingman to Oatman was a real paradigm shift, especially if it was snowing! My family and I used to go from Paramount, CA to Carthage, MO every year on vacation, so 66 is a well known route.

Sam:)

As Kameltz say's this area is some of the best motorcycle riding on Route 66. But, I went out one time at 2:00pm, in August. I had two water bottles. Was not even close to enough. Carry lots of water! This is the edge of Death Valley. But you got to see it.

Makes me wonder why I waited 39 years for this fun!!???!!!???

Darin

Better late than never. :)

I stopped riding in my mid teen years and rediscovered riding in my early 30s. I am kinda glad at the fact that I was not on a bike during those reckless years.

Back