• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

AltRider products Update

musicman

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've been very patiently waiting for AltRider to come out with a skid plate and crash bars for the X, but unfortunately I received this email today:

Hello Steven,

I wanted to inform you that unfortunately we have decided, due to low sales of the Honda NC700X and high development and tooling costs, to cancel development on the crash bars for this bike. (Part deleted for privacy). We do still have the skid plate in development and are finalizing production timelines, looking to have out in the next couple of months.

I apologize for any inconvenience, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Matt Ury

Administrative Assistant

I have the radiator guard and side stand foot from them and honestly they weren't worth the money, the radiator guard is very soft aluminum and isn't secured on the sides, so it flops in and out due to engine vibration and is warped now, the side stand foot is OK but extremely overpriced. I canceled my order and guess I'll look elsewhere. Thought I'd pass the word along.

I had an evotech radiator guard on my Street Triple. Good stuff.

So bad sales on the NCX? That can't be good...

Maybe that's why no 750 for the US? I have no idea. Personally, I wouldn't take AltRider's word on that, though. I know I see tons of NC700/750X and S models up here, but the one and only Yamaha Super Tenere I've ever seen in real life belongs to my riding buddy. Have yet to ever see another in the flesh. Is the 'States flooded with Super Teneres? AltRider jumped on that boat pretty much instantly.

For our bikes, I think they just futzed around too long and missed the boat. All the NC700X riders that wanted skid plates and crash bars in the past 3 1/2 years, simply bought them from vendors who actually made and sold them.

Maybe that's why no 750 for the US? I have no idea. Personally, I wouldn't take AltRider's word on that, though. I know I see tons of NC700/750X and S models up here, but the one and only Yamaha Super Tenere I've ever seen in real life belongs to my riding buddy. Have yet to ever see another in the flesh. Is the 'States flooded with Super Teneres? AltRider jumped on that boat pretty much instantly.

For our bikes, I think they just futzed around too long and missed the boat. All the NC700X riders that wanted skid plates and crash bars in the past 3 1/2 years, simply bought them from vendors who actually made and sold them.

Agreed, I started pinging them in the Fall of 2013 and was told products were 6 months away at most. So much for that... I hate to say it, but I wouldn't buy anything from them because I cannot trust their product support after continued delays in product development etc.

I have had great luck with my bash plate from TCI products, you can't go wrong.

This would explain why after having my NC for a week or so and giving me a rad guard for free they haven't answered my emails about the crash bars !!.
Oh well they are nice guys in a small shop trying to make a go of it and BMW,KTM are there bread and butter.Also they are only about 4 miles from TouraTech so that doesn't help much.
BUT they could have stepped up and returned my emails and texts though !!!!.
4760d65030e93e8070fac3826cd99635.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Like your fork brace, NortWestRider. Noticed the need for one when I travel loaded up and the front end wallows from time to time. Balance issues aside, 41mm forks are just not up to the task; another issue when trying to make the NC a do-it-all machine. Where did you get them?

Like your fork brace, NortWestRider. Noticed the need for one when I travel loaded up and the front end wallows from time to time. Balance issues aside, 41mm forks are just not up to the task; another issue when trying to make the NC a do-it-all machine. Where did you get them?

Just type: ''nc700 fork brace'' on ebay and choose the color you want...

I wanted to inform you that unfortunately we have decided, due to low sales of the Honda NC700X and high development and tooling costs, to cancel development on the crash bars for this bike.

As a new owner who must have visited 5 different dealers since spring before buying, I heavily dispute this. Every dealer I went to said the NC is a top seller, but the CTX was not. When doing my research on the bike I can't count how many times I read about the bike being a top seller, especially overseas. When I asked why no 750 I got lots of different answers. When I learned there won't be a 750 for 2016 either I said why wait. The dealer where I bought my bike is taking orders for the 2016 NM4 Vultus and it still has the 700 engine for 2016 that's even on Honda's website now. Citing low sales for not developing crash bars is just an excuse. Low interest due to AltRider missing the boat that has long sailed is more like it.

Back