• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alaska I am here again.

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
ugepe5e4.jpg
gymetyqu.jpg
yvu9a3e5.jpg
epevapas.jpg
zyqunaga.jpg
be3u4e5a.jpg
ha7ame3u.jpg
su8ajuby.jpg
uby4a6en.jpg
yvyzeryj.jpg
5ape2a8u.jpg

oops doubled one picture. So I took The Top of the World Highway 3rd time. A fantastic ride ,started out in rain and fog but things improved I took it slow never past 4th gear 40 or under. Only had one pucker moment front wheel got sucked into some mush.
So Chicken is the place to stop , hit the old cafe get some pie. Don't get sucked into the new place. It is around 110 miles Dawson to Chicken only about 60 of it is gravel now days , at the border they had like 10 mile of new blacktop. Chicken to Tok is another 80 miles or so, some of it is gravel. This is my usual stop Roys , my lucky day got the last room. Fast Eddies great American food at regular prices. Cell phone gets turned back on. Oh that is Halibut fish very very good.

Last edited:
razy8a8u.jpg

Here is my last picture of my little stop for the night.
Strat those are Givi 35 and a 52 top I replaced the seat with a plate and have the tail bag screwed to it. Couple of gallons of gas and chain stuff in it. The top case runs empty I put my helmet and jacket in it when stopped. All my clothes fit in right case I posted a picture the other day. So 3400 something miles to get here, I always wear ear plugs but these chip seal roads so noisy I think I am deaf. New Road 4s but rough roads eating them up. Had to tighten adjust handlebar risers twice. The roads have some real whooppees in them will send you flying if going to fast.

Last edited:
ujy2yrud.jpg
6ure4y4e.jpg
equpege2.jpg
e7ydegyv.jpg
yha3a3es.jpg

Took off from Tok, Roys Motel and Fast Eddys great food. Only going to Fairbanks easy 200 miles. Close to Fairbanks it clouded up had to get a few things then over to the university checked into housing got a dorm room. Less than $40 a day. It is windy rainy out my 8th floor window. The street lights came on about 11:00 but still light out . I'm staying till Saturday at least, planned on day rides out of here. The way it sounds the Dalton is about shut down, construction and rain. The bikers I have talked to here all tried for Deadhorse but all turned around.
So I am doing my laundry for free here and catching up on things .

Last edited:
What a great trip so far. Thanks for the pictures and commentary.
Even though I've seen mountains many times, they always looks so surreal to me.

Something about those long straight road shots with mountains out in the distance that just beckons....

Poker Creek eh? Was up there awhile back on the GL1800...Did the Dempster to Eagle Plains and across the Top of the World Highway to the United States.....I HATE gravel while riding a half ton of motorcycle !!!

Was hoping to be up there again this summer but had a bit of tumble (not M/C related) and broke multiple ribs on my left side (again!!). Doc says 4 weeks :-(

Enjoy your trip. That is a wonderful adventure you are on! I imagine the NC is a great motorcycle for this ride?
P1010136-M.jpg

Ok rain most of the day,did go to some place that was on Food Channel , this is the half meatloaf sandwich I took back to room with me.
aheha9u5.jpg
Went to visitors center watched movies and live show for 4 hours just to stay out of rain. This is a moose antler arch nearby.
2eqa6u3u.jpg
asasajyh.jpg
This is the view from my dorm window. 10 bikes right now, oops just looked 14 now. At least 5 tried for Deadhorse and gave up another couple camped at Coldfoot for a couple of days but never got farther. One old guy talked with him a lot he drove right up on street tires no problem, then the weather hit and he spent 4 days south of Deadhorse camping waiting to get back. He had to drag his bike over a small landslide to get through. Today late a young guy pulls in on a 400 Suzuki just got back. All he had was a backpack, said it was terrible going up and worse coming back. But then he says as he was pulling out this morning to come back 2 Harleys arrived in Deadhorse ?? On the left is the young guy, gas can on bike backpack is all he has, came from CA. My NC is in the middle of other group.

Last edited:
Nice trip pand pics, "What next"!
Two questions:
1. Your tires
2. Your bike cover
Thx! and be safe!

Nice trip pand pics, "What next"!
Two questions:
1. Your tires
2. Your bike cover
Thx! and be safe!
I had Road 4s put on before I left, street tires hoping for 15,000 miles out of them.
The cover is just some cheap old nylon thing to keep eyes off bike. I usually leave gps on. The cover packs very small and has covered a FJR and a Goldwing in the last ten years.
The old guy ,72 that made it up is on a big KTM with street tires , the kid on the little Suzuki that got in last night said 2 Harleys pulled into Deadhorse as he left?? Then a couple of big GS BMW that look like they could go around the world they turned around gave up ??

Alaska is famous place for the trip and I want to know that how many people are along with you at this adventure and how much days based on this adventure?

Alaska is famous place for the trip and I want to know that how many people are along with you at this adventure and how much days based on this adventure?
I rode by myself this time. Made the trip 2 other times ,rode with a buddy each time. This time 9,500 miles shortest of the 3 trips. 25 days on the road but 4 of those days I didn't really ride.

Back