• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alaska bound

Oatmeal n wifi at macs. All my clothes fit in here goes in the right case. This is all I need for a week or month, will do laundry next week.
veva7e9u.jpg

What's the capacity of those Givi panniers?

Keep the pics coming! Right now my NC is down with a broken timing chain tensioner. I'm living vicariously through you!

No pictures I have very limited wifi here in Dawson City Yukon. Whitehorse to here 320 something miles the road requires careful riding. Lots of gravel in all forms soft hard chattering stuff. Chip seal road with potholes soft spots and big frost heaves. You can hit big whoopees that will throw you in the air. This is the real thing here dirt roads in town with wood sidewalks. Big wooden old motels and dirty little bars Yup everything is expensive. I did pass a brown bear today he stood up as I passed BIG Boy he was. I don't need another bear story, been 10 years since my bear encounter. Oh I got 75 mpg today gas was $5.93 a gallon. I paid $7.38 yesterday, , you don't look at the price around here, you need it you get it. I checked out the Dempster 490 something miles of gravel to Inuvik I decided no go.

3y3ajehe.jpg

So isn't this a nice picture. I am surprised you can't see the mosquitoes just thick. I was doing a dance while I watered the bushes.

Last edited:
vasyzuse.jpg
upere9er.jpg
9u4a8uby.jpg

Dawson City dirt streets , wooden sidewalks old wood motels this is the real thing. 3rd time here I love this place. Oh and when it rains it is muddy. One of the things you have to do is Diamond Tooth Gurties folly show.

Last edited:
pypypa3u.jpg
yjuzudym.jpg
2u8ysesa.jpg

Ok I finally did it this time. Yes that is a preserved toe, I put it in a shot of Yukon Jack, it had to touch my lips. so now I have had a Sourtoe Cocktail. People are lined up for the whole 2 hours he does this every night. I also got Screeched in New Found land.

Last edited:
I left Dawson in rainy foggy conditions. Heading for The Top of World. I hoped for better conditions at the top of mountain. I was ready to turn around if I had to.
gajypeqe.jpg
eva3ujuh.jpg
esada2am.jpg
3avevese.jpg
y2ega8uq.jpg
7uvu7upe.jpg
The border crossing is in site.

You have a great trip to Alaska university and I think this trip is based on your project but it's a good one for you because you get knowledge as well as you enjoy the trip and after that i have plan for bus to orlando fl

Back