• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aftermarket fog lights with Honda lightbar ?

RunningTurtle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I have on my X the Honda lightbar. Wanted to add the foglights but Honda's are way too expensive. I saw the Denali lights and like them (I might go with the D2 or DX). My question is about installation. The Honda bar has 2 screw in holes on each side but they point horizontally backward, which as I see it is 90 degrees in the wrong direction (if using the mounting base supplied with the lights). I understand that I would simply need a L-shaped bracket to mount the lights properly ? Or maybe there is a much simpler solution ?

Has anybody done that, mounting non-Honda lights on the Honda light bar ? If so, method and pictures would be much appreciated :)

Also, how was the wiring, easy to do ? The website I saw them on proposes an optional CAN-bus adapter - is it usefull and relevant for the X ?

Any other comment / suggestion welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Jean the Running Turtle.

I recommend the Honda wiring harness. Might have to do a little improvising here, but doable. Also, can use the white wire off the head light but this can be used only on low beam, which some states do require.

I have the Honda lightbar with Denali DM1s. I used the Techmount bar mount kit from Twisted Throttle. I wired the lights according the the Denali instructions tapping the positive terminal from the already installed Honda 12 volt power accesory in the FRUNK. I mounted the Denali light switch on the front of the master cylinder reservoir. All of the wiring was easily stored in the space above the battery in the frunk. Took about 2 hours to install. The CAN-BUS is for BMW wiring. Not needed for our NC700x.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I have on my X the Honda lightbar. Wanted to add the foglights but Honda's are way too expensive. I saw the Denali lights and like them (I might go with the D2 or DX). My question is about installation. The Honda bar has 2 screw in holes on each side but they point horizontally backward, which as I see it is 90 degrees in the wrong direction (if using the mounting base supplied with the lights). I understand that I would simply need a L-shaped bracket to mount the lights properly ? Or maybe there is a much simpler solution ?

Has anybody done that, mounting non-Honda lights on the Honda light bar ? If so, method and pictures would be much appreciated :)

Also, how was the wiring, easy to do ? The website I saw them on proposes an optional CAN-bus adapter - is it usefull and relevant for the X ?

Any other comment / suggestion welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Jean the Running Turtle.

Hi there Jean.

You will not need the CANbus Adapter. The Honda electrical system does not use the CANbus principal in its wiring. I sent a set of the Denali D2s over to Marc Cook at Motorcyclist who installed them on the Honda lightbar. Knowing this I can tell you that you will only need the lights themselves. They come with all of the required wiring and you have the mount figured out. If you hadn't there are a few universal solutions that could be adopted for the NC700X. Good luck on your install and buy with confidence.

Kevin

Thanks a lot for the information and pictures. I think I will go with the Denali D2D (I prefer the wider beam of the D2 over the longer throw of the DX). I also think that I will make small brackets to be able to screw them directly into the lightbar.

Back