• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Africa Twin Ride Video

511lbs, not bad but heavier than I thought it would be. read one report that said it has 2 spark plugs per cylinder and the USA will only get ABS and traction control on the DCT.

Yep, looks good. I still say, lets see what price and how the fuel economy pans out. If those two add up I will get excited about one.

Economy and AT do not go hand in hand, I am afraid to say.
The AT is meant to be a fun throtty bike to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I would. Some of us do silly things like this.

yeah, up to 400km of 18.9 liters tank is not so good as I get more then that on my 14 liters ncx tank and the bike is not much lighter.
I was hoping for 500km range as xt660z tenere.

Gotta figure out how to safely turn tube tires into tubeless tires; I don't want to commute to work and not be able to throw a worm in the tire.

Gotta figure out how to safely turn tube tires into tubeless tires; I don't want to commute to work and not be able to throw a worm in the tire.

this is not bike for commute, it's for adventure...

I wonder BTW when makers start to put bigger tanks again on their bikes instead of feature nobody wants?
Alternatively I can accept hybrid solution,

Where are you seeing that?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the way I see it, according to those figures posted, the AT curb weight (for the non ABS, non DCT) is 228 kg, or 502.65 lbs, and a non ABS, non DCT NC700X is 472 lbs curb weight.

For the metric challenged:

http://powersports.honda.com/docume...fication_pdf_files/2016_Africa_Twin_Specs.pdf

503 lbs. standard, 511 lbs. ABS no DCT, 534 lbs. DCT. All weights are fully loaded with lubes, coolant and gas. Release is this fall in the US. Maybe the US is getting the ABS bike with no DCT?

One site I read said US will be same as NC. Manual with no ABS, DCT with ABS. Europe will have ABS as standard on both which if I understand correctly ABS is becoming a requirement in much of Europe.

Back