• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - South of the Border

Old,
I am really enjoying your trip as I am sitting here with snow falling outside my window, and my NC in the garage. Thank you very much for virtually taking me on the trip with you.

I had forgotten about the song "One More Ride" and will have to add it to my motorcycle playlist, both the Cash and Snow versions - thank you for that!

Be safe and enjoy...

Mexico Highway 16

Mexico 16 will test your motorcycle experience to the limit. This is the road that leads from the coast of the Sea of Cortez to Barrancas Del Cobre (Copper Canyon). Many hair pin turns, large bolder rocks falling on the roadway as you ride in the rain (motorcycle dodge ball with rocks), open range (Cattle, Goats, Horses, Dogs, Wolfs, and Cowboys) with something on the roadway around every turn. Lots of roadside "Memorial Markers" at every turn on this roadway. Very few guard rails in these mountains.

The first day on Hwy 16 it was raining hard. After 3 hours of rock falls playing motorcycle dodge rock, we were both completely worn out. We stopped at a small roadside hotel for the night before noon time. Really hard rain. The hotel owner was also the cook, so we did get a great meal.

The next morning was fog and waterfalls falling onto the roadway. Nothing like hair pin turns in the fog and water running over the roadway. Came around one turn to find a cowboy on his horse with six cow dogs in the middle of the roadway. All six of his dogs chased me on my bike. Cattle on the roadway in about 1/3 of the turns, and a 18 wheeler in the middle of the roadway in one turn. Finally around noon the fog did clear. I really thought I had taken some of the best video I had ever taken. Surprise, my Go Pro had gotten moved somehow, and I had some great pictures of the sky. So, here are a few pictures, but most show a lot of sky. We also had a close encounter with a wolf, but none of that footage was recoverable.

[video=youtube;GvylGogi88A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvylGogi88A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Back