• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - Bike Week 2014

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Day 1

5.jpg

Traveling across Louisiana.

[video=youtube;SsFR7QTBMD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsFR7QTBMD0[/video]

Smileyok.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Daytona Bike Week - Day 2

7.jpg

[video=youtube;E21h9cdWVIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21h9cdWVIY[/video]

When we got to Georgia to meet Fuzzy, I told Siri - Directions 500 Mall. So, Siri proceeded to take us to 500 Wall.

After arriving at 500 Wall and seeing the entire city , I once again told Siri - 500 Mall. This time Siri took us to 500 Hall.

So, after seeing the whole town and a nice looking bridge twice, I stopped and typed the name of the street in manually. Bingo we went to 500 Mall and met up with Fuzzy.

SmileyFunnyFace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
9.jpg

Daytona Bike Week - Day 3

After the perfect ride, we are at Daytona !

[video=youtube;dKpbOnK41t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKpbOnK41t4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

SmileyRider.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Super Duper OCR!!! Enjoyed the videos of you and Fuzzy. Didn't make it this year to Bike Week, but...."next year in Daytona" as the saying goes. Hopefully, the NC750X will be available and that is what I have my heart set on.

Super Duper OCR!!! Enjoyed the videos of you and Fuzzy. Didn't make it this year to Bike Week, but...."next year in Daytona" as the saying goes. Hopefully, the NC750X will be available and that is what I have my heart set on.

5.jpg

Daytona Bike Week - Day 4

All I can say is that day 4 at Daytona Bike Week was Spectacular !

[video=youtube;W5U2qy2kjQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5U2qy2kjQs[/video]

smileyhandstwo.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Fuzzy for the pictures and thanks to OCR for the video. Looks like you guys had a ball.

0.jpg

Dayton Bike Week - Day 5

Day 5 started at 8:00 AM with the sound of racing. Once we got dressed, we went to meet up with Dave Duelin at the Honda display in the vendor area of Daytona Speedway. From there the three of us went to Panera Bread for breakfast.

With all three of us being scooter owners, you can imagine what our breakfast conversation was all about, scooters. It was real nice getting to meet Dave for the 1st time.

After breakfast, Fuzzy and Dave went to a helmet store in Daytona to get Fuzzy a new communications headset. I went back to the Daytona Speedway to watch the RACING TRIPLEHEADER. I set in the bleachers at the horse shoe, as this way I could see all of the track except the start/finish line. The AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson classes races were first, and as you can imagine no Harley had the power to dominate this race. So, the race was tight. Second came the AMA Pro American SuperBike race, and this race was dominated by Yamaha. And last but not lease, the AMA Pro SuperSport . These three races were all 10 lap 50 mile races. Can't wait for the Daytona 200 mile, 40 lap race tomorrow.

[video=youtube;q_ovgurIghI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ovgurIghI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

After the races, Fuzzy and I meet up again at the campsite. Fuzzy wanted to see the vendor site at Daytona Speedway. So off we went to look at all the stuff. Fuzzy like to walked my legs off until closing time at the Daytona Speedway Vender site. I was ready for bed when we got back to the campsite. Tomorrow is the Daytona 200 race!

SmileyOneEyeTounge.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. Always nice to watch.

2.jpg

Daytona Bike Week - Day 6

[video=youtube;oygZwxZje6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oygZwxZje6o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We had a great ride in the morning, and great racing in the afternoon.

smileyLargesmile.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great ride. I've always loved those roads that have trees with limbs running verticle which almost make it seem like your in a tunnel.

Looks like a great ride.

4.jpg

Daytona Bike Week - Day 7

Got up early, as Nana Chou and I are heading to Key West, Florida.

Said our good byes of Fuzzy and to Ring-a-Ding-Ding-Ding (Mike), the young two cycle rider in the tent next to mine.

When we got to Key West, I was determined this time we were somehow going to get a picture of Nana Chou at the "90 miles to Cuba Rock". Our first two attempts to get a picture of Nana Chou at the rock this year were fowled by the "official no parking at the rock Key West no parking police officer", who does his job quite well.

With pure determination Nana Chou parked in the "NO PARKING" zone. I hurry jumped off the bike, ran about 10 feet behind Nana Chou and snapped this picture!

Daytona 006.jpg

Well you would know it, here comes the "official no parking at the rock Key West no parking police officer", talking his stuff. I was about 10 feet behind the bike at the time, and some how this police officer fellow's tone of voice must have offended Nana Chou. So, Nana Chou just fell plum over on top of this "official no parking at the rock Key West no parking police officer".

Man was it hard not to laugh, but I knew I would be in a heap of trouble if I did. So, I helped get Nana Chou off of the "official no parking at the rock Key West no parking police officer".

Nana Chou had landed on top of the "official no parking at the rock Key West no parking police officer", so she only had a little scratch on an already scratched up saddlebag. I commended the "official no parking at the rock Key West no parking police officer", on the fine job he was doing keeping unsavory folks like us from parking in the no parking spot, not giving him time to think or talk, and we drove plum away jack!

We drove all the way to some where north of Miami on Interstate 75, where we spent the night.

Smileynoevil.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I missed it. ;)

6.jpg

Daytona Bike Week - Day 8

I was up early on day 8 planning to pull an old fashion iron butt all the way home, arriving about 2 AM.

When we left the hotel it was raining, but not a hard driving rain. However, by the time we got to Gainesville, Florida we rain into a real gully washer. High winds, hard rain, and lighting.

I pulled into the Cracker Barrel to eat and wait on passage of the storm. However, the manager of the Cracker Barrel came running out of the store to tell us that the storm had knocked out the stores electric service.

So, I went across to the other side of the freeway. Here the police were directing traffic, as the red light system was also down in Gainesville. So, I pulled into the service station down the block to wait for the storm to blow over. Believe it of not, the service station had electricity, so I filled up. Figured I could set of the curb here of a while to let the storm blow by.

Well before I knew it, this street fellow named "Jimmy" set down on the curb next to me and we started talking. Jimmy is 70 years old, and like most street folks had some stability problems. Jimmy asked me the normal questions about the bike, and then he gave me his formula to eliminate Arthritis and Arthritic Conditions. Pretty simple really, you just rub Apple Cider Vinegar around the pain spots and the arthritis just goes away.

Being it was still storming, I invited Jimmy to walk next door with me and eat at the Texas Steak House. After lunch we both walked back to the filling station, and I said my good byes to Jimmy. As, I was now three hours behind schedule, and not wanting to mess with mother nature, I spent the night in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Smileyok.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
8.jpg

Daytona Bike Week - Day 9

Day 9 was a 7 hours ride to the house. A real bad cross wind, so the bike road only on the left hand side of the tires all the way home.

Daytona Bike Week 2014 has drawn to its conclusion. Great, almost perfect Ride !

smileymustache.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back