• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventure Rider Arricle Revisiting NC700

I just read the article and some of the complaints seem petty. I'm new to NC life having bought a 2017 750x last summer. My previous ride for many years was an'87 TransAlp that I loved. I bought the NC as the Alp was starting to feel top heavy and tall for my 68 year old body. It's not a remarkable machine but it does everything I need and more. I think it's a greatly overlooked bike.

Complains about difficulty jacking/lifting the bike for chain maintenance, but there is an easy solution. The red bike in the photos appears to have a center stand.

The NC never achieved the status it should have in North America because it ran counterpoint to the 'more, bigger, faster' mantra that motorcycle mags pushed for decades. It was/is very popular where motorcycles as practical transportation is valued.

The NC never achieved the status it should have in North America because it ran counterpoint to the 'more, bigger, faster' mantra that motorcycle mags pushed for decades. It was/is very popular where motorcycles as practical transportation is valued.
And I have to wonder if sales in North America were also hampered by the poo-poo from the horsepower crazy moto press, and by dealers steering shoppers away in hopes of higher margins on larger motorcycles.

The North American market seems to consist of sport motorcycles and big iron retro styled cruisers, with a sliver of touring, dual sport and adventure machines. Where would the NC fit in?

And I have to wonder if sales in North America were also hampered by the poo-poo from the horsepower crazy moto press, and by dealers steering shoppers away in hopes of higher margins on larger motorcycles.

The North American market seems to consist of sport motorcycles and big iron retro styled cruisers, with a sliver of touring, dual sport and adventure machines. Where would the NC fit in?
I think it had a lot to do with the dealership salesman. The NC is hard to explain. Is it an adventure bike? No not truly. Sport bike? Not hardly. It’s a commuter in a market that doesn’t see very much of that. When trying to sell a bike if you have to explain it the majority of buyers have already lost interest. Plus so many folks either want to play sons of Anarchy or pretend they are Moto GP champions. Economical isn’t sexy and for most riders image is the most important thing.

Those first few years of NC comments in ADV were brutal. If what other people think about what you ride are important then the NC was destined for the dustbin of MC history. Fortunately there’s enough cerebral riders to keep Honda happy with the sales numbers.

I just read the article and some of the complaints seem petty. I'm new to NC life having bought a 2017 750x last summer. My previous ride for many years was an'87 TransAlp that I loved. I bought the NC as the Alp was starting to feel top heavy and tall for my 68 year old body. It's not a remarkable machine but it does everything I need and more. I think it's a greatly overlooked bike.
Completely off topic...I'm in the GTA right now. I had to drive from Mississauga to Collingwood and back today. Holy cow are there ever a TON of riders up here. Without exaggeration, I must have seen 225 bikes today. Harleys, metrics, scooters, cruisers, sprtbikes, just every where. I lived here for four years and the rider population was not nearly as large back then. Beautiful part of the country to ride in.

Reactions: MZ5
I hear a lot of people say it is boring to look at and boring to ride. I think it is the easiest bike to ride swiftly and smoothly which makes me believe I am a better rider than I actually am.. As I have matured I have come to appreciate practicality over looks and performance and the more the years go by the more I value it.

Back