• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adjustable Brake lever for 2012 NC 700XD

lynnb

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed Honda part# 53170-MEJ-016 on my 2012 bike. This is the adjustable brake lever from the 2014 bike. Much better for me, fat hands, short fingers.

lynn (old guy)

I just installed Honda part# 53170-MEJ-016 on my 2012 bike. This is the adjustable brake lever from the 2014 bike. Much better for me, fat hands, short fingers.

lynn (old guy)

9.jpg

Howdy from Texas. The question you have asked takes a 2014 microfiche to answer. I believe not currently on line here in the USA, so only a Europe Honda dealer could currently answer that question or google "2014 Honda NC750 microfiche"..

Smileyok.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Answers to the questions:

Consulting Procaliber.com, I see the 2014 NC700X microfiche is online and (drum roll . . . .) the new seat and brake lever are listed!

The new 2014 adjustable brake lever 53170-MEJ-016 (US $31) replaced the 2012-13's 53175-MFR-305 ($12)

The new 2014 front seat, 77100-MJL-D31 ($140) replaced the 2012-13's 77100-MGS-D31 ($155), while the new 2014 pillion seat 77300-MJL-D31 ($142) replaces the 2012-13's 77300-MGS-D31 ($157). Of interest is that the 2014 seats are less expensive than the 2012-13's.

So there you have it. For $143 less than a complete shipped Shad seat ($425), you can buy the 2014 Honda seat set (free shipping) and see if Honda addressed our seat complaints. Or, just buy the new front seat plus Dale's luggage platform. Tempting . . . .

Last edited:
Now we need a side by side seat comparison.............or just wait for Sargent ;)

There could be any number of reasons the part number changed from cover texture, to complete redo of foam, structure or slope.............or nothing in between.............

Maybe this should be another thread but the 2014 parts catalog shows the NC700 can come with the same Pirelli tire as the CB500X.

The other tire shown is a DUNLOP.

The parts book also says the US NC700 is still made in Japan.

Last edited:
Does the 2014 also have an adjustable clutch lever?

I've been considering getting a set but it would be nice to have something stock to the bike

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Dealer ordered the 2014 brake lever for me. Installed in about 3 minutes. Longer to find tools than do the install. 10mm wrench to remove the nut then pull the pin. Put pin in new lever and reinstall the nut. Haven't been for a ride yet but the adjustment works.

My dealer charged $50 for the part so on line purchase will be less based on others input. Still much cheaper than other options I was considering.

Adjustment wheel is hard to turn but not something I expect to do other than to find the right point and leave it there.

Here are some pictures.
IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Looked nice. Sure wish Honda would do the same for the clutch lever.

The adjustment wheel on a lever like this is easier to turn once it is installed - you pull the lever out a bit, to release pressure on the wheel, and then you can turn it.

These are a common sort of lever for a lot of Hondas. I bet the adjustable levers from other bikes will fit. I'll hafta see what else I have in the garage and whether they fit. There are a lot of aftermarket suppliers for these too.

I would take the old lever and duct tape it to the inside of a side cover or something. That way, someday when you are away from home, and drop the bike and break the lever, you have a spare on you. Or when one of your Honda riding buddies needs it, they can have it. I have handed over my spares more than once, out there on group rides. :)

I had a cheap chinese black adjustable aftermarket brake lever on my 700x dct and assumed I wouldn't need it with the new Honda one fitted to my 750, but for some reason I didn't like the feel so have put the aftermarket one on (cheaper to buy a pair than just the Honda brake lever of course).
Also - the seat - IMHO all they have changed is the cover. And it's a case of be careful what you wish for. Yes it is much grippier than on the 700, but all that does is stop your bike trousers (pants to you guys ;) ) from sliding which makes your legs slide inside them. This has resulted (for me) in much more bunching of clothing than happened with the slippier seat.
Mike

I had a cheap chinese black adjustable aftermarket brake lever on my 700x dct and assumed I wouldn't need it with the new Honda one fitted to my 750, but for some reason I didn't like the feel so have put the aftermarket one on (cheaper to buy a pair than just the Honda brake lever of course).
Also - the seat - IMHO all they have changed is the cover. And it's a case of be careful what you wish for. Yes it is much grippier than on the 700, but all that does is stop your bike trousers (pants to you guys ;) ) from sliding which makes your legs slide inside them. This has resulted (for me) in much more bunching of clothing than happened with the slippier seat.
Mike

Back