• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adequate coolant

duk2n

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone is using this for the NC700X?

Would you say it is adecuate? It is the "Do not to use with magnesium allow engines" phrase what make me think it is ok or not...

IMAG0326.jpg

Well... Does it say it has Silicates? HONDA engines do not play well with silicate coolant. If it says Silicate free, play away!

Or just get the Type 2 (blue HONDA coolant) and change it every 5-7 years depending on use. It is the long life version of the typical green HONDA coolant, that the manual says to change very 2 years.

Like OriginalRocket said "no Silicate". Silicate is small pieces of glass meant to scrub the side walls in cast iron engines to keep the about of rust down. Can you just image what that does to an aluminum water pump in an aluminum engine? Sandblast!

It says nothing about silicates, so I'm not sure. This is what it says in the reverse:

IMAG0329.jpg

What do you think?

I don't know. I doubt you'd ever have any trouble if you use it. You could give them a call, or if calling is expensive, send a question to them through their website or email. Ask whether that coolant is silicate-free (the silicate compound(s) is used as a corrosion inhibitor).

Purely for reference: Traditionally, the Japanese auto manufacturers have preferred silicate-free antifreeze, the Europeans have preferred phosphate-free, and the Americans have used both together.

Back