• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Added a Stereo System. :)

woppyvac

Reaction score
Visit site
Last night I wrapped up installing a BOSS AUDIO MCBK420B audio system onto my bike. Had to place them on the crash bars because I simply have no more room on the handle bars and in truth don't think they'd have looked that great there anyways.... Overall, it wasn't to much a pain... (but jesus the panel removal process is a bit frustrating!)

The amplifier juuuuust barely fit underneath the passenger seat and then the storage compartment is where I chose to put a switch (didn't do a relay) for the systems hard line volume knob. I had time for a 2 mile test but these suckers produce some sound and can be easily heard at 55mph with a full face helmet on and over my slip on exhaust. Looking forward to seeing how they do at 70mph+!!!

NO MORE EAR BUDS UNDER MY HELMET!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Photos below:

Last edited:
Interesting mod...I found that installing an inexpensive set of helmet speakers in my helmet to have about 10x the sound quality of external speakers, especially at anything approaching highway speeds. The helmet speakers nest in cutouts created by the helmet manufacturer into the foam helmet shell and you never really feel them.

Never used earbuds...I think they would too uncomfortable unless specifically made for your ear canal.

Last edited:
Motorcyclists who play their music systems when riding around or parked really bug a lot of people in places with less noise pollution. Especially if the people think the music is bad. Remember that ; }

I think they should deport them if it's in areas where people go to enjoy the outdoors, or at least mandate in-ears ; }

Interesting project, good work, that's a very clean install.

Personally, I'm too stingy to share my music with everybody :), so I went with Bluetooth speakers in my helmet like ld_rider. That way nobody laughs at me for my weird taste in music.

Many years ago I installed my headsets into my helmet, to drown out all the noise coming from the back seat. (Wife). I am currently considering wearing my motorcycle helmet when driving the car, to drown out all the noise coming from the front right seat. And, I don't even listen to music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I tried the speakers in the helmet thing and just never took to it... I haven't had appropriate test riding yet - I'm hoping that at higher speeds it's the perfect blend of wind and sound that I prefer. And because they are phone activated I can very easily turn it down/off if in areas that sound isn't appropriate... parks, church, etc.

I can't see your photos on this thread (photo not found), can you repost them? I'm trying to decide how to make a stereo system for this bike. Some more detailed instructions would be appreciated to!

Here's a debate where no one will agree much.

I ride with ear buds (Samsung), and they seal well against my ear making the music audible, and keeping out much of the outside noise.

I would NEVER subject unwilling listeners to any music... not on my motorcycle, at home, in my car.....

Interesting mod...I found that installing an inexpensive set of helmet speakers in my helmet to have about 10x the sound quality of external speakers, especially at anything approaching highway speeds. The helmet speakers nest in cutouts created by the helmet manufacturer into the foam helmet shell and you never really feel them.

Never used earbuds...I think they would too uncomfortable unless specifically made for your ear canal.
The only problem I've found with generic ear buds was the wind noise still got through at freeway speeds

Earplugs,Tan Custom Molded in Poly Bag, DIY Kit Molds in 10 Minutes, CEP001-T Amazon.com: Earplugs,Tan Custom Molded in Poly Bag, DIY Kit Molds in 10 Minutes, CEP001-T: Home Improvement

Make ear buds tips with this and you've got custom ear buds with no wind noise. There's plenty of how to videos on YouTube on making them

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

I would NEVER subject unwilling listeners to any music... not on my motorcycle, at home, in my car.....

I thank you for making the world a more peaceful place and for improving the image of motorcyclists in the eyes (ears) of the public.

I have a Bilt Modular helmet with built-in Bluetooth speakers/mic and I have customized ear plugs (molded for my ear channels). I connect the speakers via Bluetooth to my phone, run a music or news app on the phone. I hear just enough to understand the audio, no wind noise, and I do hear sirens coming up behind me.... no one needs to hear what I am listening too, and if I am in hurry and someone comes up to me at gas station and such, with helmet on, I just tell them loudly I have ear plugs in and cant hear them LOL

...to drown out all the noise coming from the front right seat...

Just get one of these...
QgSL10j.jpg

I always listen to music or audiobooks whether on the bike or in the car. I use a Sena 20s. Most of the time I use the built in speakers - they even work pretty well with my earplugs.

For longer rides I have a use a set of in-ear earbuds that do a great job as earplugs and plug them into the headphone jack on the Sena. I am currently in the market for a better noise isolating pair of headphones that sit well and flat in the ear - maybe plugphones... no hurry and low on the priority list.

I have a few IEMs (in ear monitors) Shure SE215 & PS Audio M4U 4, and love them. Fit is important (it's how I learned I have big ear canals) so that they don't either fall out or expand your brains. I do use an amplifier with my iPhone. I can't imagine speakers out in the wind comparing to them. And as others have posted, the music I listen to would not be well accepted in many of the places I ride.

Back