• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Accident on NC700X

tew47

Reaction score
Visit site
Well today I had my first accident in a long time. I was going down a country road and came up on a car driving slow. The car turned on its right turn signal right close to a driveway on the right side of the road, so I went around to the left and the car turned left with the right turn signal still on. Not much damage but she had
no insurance.

I am sorry to hear that!
Are you OK?
Who was the driver? Did you call the cops? Is she willing to cover the damage?

Glad you're ok, and your bike, too.

This underscores the value of underinsured and uninsured motorist insurance. If you had been injured and the driver couldn't pay, you'd be on the hook for the bills, which could be way, way, way more than what the bike is worth.

The Givi engine guards saved my legs and a lot of the bike. The right side plastic dummy gas tank was broken and the right side of the handle bars were broken off. Parabellium windshield too. Saddlebags did not have a scratch. That's all I can remember right now. Had my jacket with all the padding in the right places and a full face helmet and full finger gloves on. Glad I did, it would have been a lot worse if I didn't.

Glad you're ok, and your bike, too.

This underscores the value of underinsured and uninsured motorist insurance. If you had been injured and the driver couldn't pay, you'd be on the hook for the bills, which could be way, way, way more than what the bike is worth.

+1 On the uninsured/under insured coverage. I learned the hard way on that when my V-Rod got taken out. I have that coverage on all of my vehicles now. Lawyer says he could have gotten me a whole lot more than he did if I had that coverage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glad you're ok and yes +1 to the under/uninsured motorist insurance. I have seen more and more of the behavior described by the op - turn signal showing one way and actual turn in opposite direction. People are more and more clueless.

I am a claim adjuster, i handle this type of accident all day long.
glad you are ok.

i learn from experience, i have hard wire a dash camera to my car and motorcycle. you have no idea how many people lie all day long.

wear boots!

I am a claim adjuster, i handle this type of accident all day long.
glad you are ok.

i learn from experience, i have hard wire a dash camera to my car and motorcycle. you have no idea how many people lie all day long.

wear boots!

Sorry to thread-hijack, but can you tell us more about your cameras? If it was fairly easy I would love to wire up something like this.

Sorry to thread-hijack, but can you tell us more about your cameras? If it was fairly easy I would love to wire up something like this.

depending on how you want to get it done. on the NC you dont have to hard wire if you have the 12v socket.

the key to a dash camera is that they turn on when you turn on your vehicle and off when you turn off.

here is an introduction to dash camera. he has many review of many more too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0Tm9FFpKM&list=PLFB79814F24001328

check this site too: Dash Cam Talk

as an insurance adjuster i recommend everyone to have one in car and motorcycle. I hear liars all day long. if you ever have an accident in So cal. likely chance you might speak to me as i work for the #1 insurance in USA and California- you can google wish one and guess. I handle motorcycle accident.

welcome to pm, those with more question

Not to highjack a thread, but I learned something about un/underinsured motorist insurance the hard way a few years ago. I got hit on the interstate (rear ended at speed, no brakes). The driver fled and was not caught (as far as I can tell, the police made no effort). In Indiana, as in most states, you cannot use uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage unless you can definitively prove that the other driver was un- or under-insured. In a hit and run, it is useless. I even paid extra for additional un/under coverage that I could not access for medical bills.

Not to highjack a thread, but I learned something about un/underinsured motorist insurance the hard way a few years ago. I got hit on the interstate (rear ended at speed, no brakes). The driver fled and was not caught (as far as I can tell, the police made no effort). In Indiana, as in most states, you cannot use uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage unless you can definitively prove that the other driver was un- or under-insured. In a hit and run, it is useless. I even paid extra for additional un/under coverage that I could not access for medical bills.

every State law is different. read your policy, you are paying $300-500 per year for it... READ IT. in CA you can claim your inj under UM cov.

before you got the NC700, you read all the specs.... buying an insurance policy ? read the policy. see what is covered and what is not. same for your renter or home owner policy. read it

Back