• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ABS Sensor measurments

glesage

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Been getting some issues with ABS recently, light comes on, transmission starts to fail...

How might I find out if it's either of the ABS sensors that are faulty? What kinds of resistance values should I be expecting when measuring with multimeter?

Thanks!

...Been getting some issues with ABS recently, light comes on, transmission starts to fail...

How might I find out if it's either of the ABS sensors that are faulty? ...

ABS wheel speed sensors failure doesn't affect DCT functions.
You need service manual to troubleshoot ABS system.
Service manual, however, does not give any information about sensor resistance, only how to check sensor line open or short and air gap inspection.

Last edited:
My informed guessing follows: Usually the sensors are just application repackaged classic three pin transistor shaped generic electronic hall effect sensors with a magnet on their back as to provide the magnetic field needed to sense its disruption by the hall effect sensor. These get a ground pin (continuity to negative pole of battery), a positive voltage pin (typically 5V from the ABS control unit) and an "open collector" output that grounds the 5V sensing voltage from the ABS each time the metal sensing disc passes directly in front of the sensor or the other way round, grounded when no metal and 5V when metal in front of sensor. So get a voltmeter/multimeter, attach the negative probe on a ground point (frame bolt or so) and with the positive probe get measurements on the appropriate points with the wheel properly positioned but carefully not to short anything (despite the obvious need to have anything on a vehicle properly short protected I know of an R1 that the rain shorted EXUP damaged the ECU so you cannot take proper design for ... grounded these days - pun intended).

Last edited:
GLesage.........your going to need a shop manual to troubleshoot your problem. It could be any number of things causing your problem.

The front wheeel sensor from the ABS system is used in the DCT sytem as an input.

You can use the DLC connector to read trouble codes. A code flashing 67-1 (67) is the front wheel sensor in the transmission system.
If it is a wheel sensor your will have a DTC in the ABS system as well as transmission system.
The same procedure is used to read ABS codes and the ABS Light will blink the codes.
Code 11 is the front wheel sensor code in the ABS system.

Assuming there is a problem with the front wheel sensor ( big assumption at this time) :
Has the front wheel been serviced lately ???? Damage to the sensor or pulsar ring is a common problem if not serviced correctly.
One DIY check would be confirm all the wiring connectors are in place and fully set.

The shop manual has basic continuity checks for the sensor ( looking Open connection or a short to ground) and but does not give a ohm value for the sensor itself which is often a common check point for wheel sensors. So it likely the ohm check for wheel sensors is no longer a valid check.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the replies!

Ok will do, any OBD2 code reader will do correct? Thanks!

No the NC is NOT OBD.

The codes are read by shorting together the service check connector and the codes blink on the meter or by using the HONDA tester.

Ah well darn... where might I find one of these testers? My dealership is way out in the suburbs so it's tough to get to them.

Is it something like this: Diagnostic Tester for Honda Acura Honda HDS Diagnostic System Kit | eBay ?

Thanks!

Nope......that's an OBD for older Honda cars. Just note that HIM tool in the eBay ad is obsolete for the cars as well.......so it is almost worthless.

You need the shop manual. There are easy to follow directions to get the meter to blink the codes. Here is the picture of the shorting ( connecting) the DLC terminal to get the system into troubleshooting mode. The SCS tool shown is just a wire connector. After you get the code then the service manual will lead you through the troubleshooting to confirm which part is causing the error. It might be a part, wiring, connection problem etc.

IMG_1259.jpg

Last edited:
Back