• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

About to pull the trigger...

xjldx

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm on the verge of dealing the deal on a 2013 NC700x with about 28k on the clock. I haven't been able to ride it yet, but have seen the bike in person. It looks to be in great shape (other than some normal wear and tear and minor scratches in the paint), the motor sounds and feels smooth and good through the RPMs when revving. I checked the oil - looks great, brakes - seem to be responsive and don't show any signs of warped rotors or uneven wear, and the chain looks to be very well maintained.

I've owned a couple Harleys, but this thing is COMPLETELY different in just about every imaginable way! (Before you start talking smack on HDs - I still own my '07 Dyna. I just want something different to compliment it. The NC700X bike will eventually be set up for riding in the twisties and/or some light dirt road riding.)

Is there anything I should look out for before wrapping up the purchase? Are there any known issues with this model year? Are there specific things that I should check out before I hand over my cash?

Also, as far as I know, the bike has the OEM taller windshield and heated grips, aftermarket rear rack and adjustable levers and it has a center stand installed. I talked the guy down to $3,200, which seems pretty fair, but I'm a little out of my element, so what do you all think? Decent price? Walk away from the deal?

Thanks for having me and appreciation in advance for any help any of you might be able to offer!

Cheers,
Jimmy

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase.

The 2013 was a good model year. The NC700X has had very few recalls in general, but the 2013 model year had none. Only you can decide if the price is right, but it seems reasonable to me.

Glad to see you stepping outside the Harley world and trying something a little different. I hope all goes well and you enjoy the 700!

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the info, and for the warm welcome!

I love anything on two wheels, so I'm excited to get familiar with this bike! A friend let me ride his today and I was floored with how easy it is to ride, it really responds compared to my previous bikes!

Cheers,
Jimmy

Welcome to the forum! I think it sounds like a pretty fair price. There are people on this forum with over 100k on this bike and very minimal issues. I have 45k on mine and not one mechanical problem outside a stray radiator leak and I'm not sure anyone else on this forum has had that issue. I've been a member of this forum for over 4 years and honesty there hasn't really seemed to be any trends on mechanical issues on this bike. Comfort issues are another story but mechanical, No.

It is a great bike for commuting and twisty roads. I use mine as a commuter in the Little Rock area. It is perfect for my situation and I think you'll really get to like it. If a person had the space and money for two bikes, this bike would be a great compliment to any stable. Great all around bike.

Welcome!
You don't say if it is the DCT model, which is fantastic in traffic, since there is no need to hold the clutch in, and you can just sit in gear at a light. The clutch model is a pretty good twisties machine, just have to shift a lot.

Hey, thanks everyone!

I did forget the specifics, it is the manual transmission and non-ABS version.

I feel torn on the DCT because of my brain not being able to get over what's "normal", but it would be pretty nice, seeing as I got into a fight with a table saw in middle school... You should've seen that table saw when I was finished with it, totally covered in blood - unfortunately it was my blood! My left hand paid the price, so the idea of no clutch to have to pull would probably be kind of welcome.

For now, I just need to get used to having one switch for both turn signals and that they don't cancel themselves automatically. Last time I rode a Honda, I kept pressing the starter when I wanted to turn right. Haha! I can't imagine how long it'd take me to stop reaching for the clutch and shifter.

I'm taking the bike for a test ride tonight, that'll determine if I'm going to go for it or not.

Thanks again,
Jimmy

I can't imagine how long it'd take me to stop reaching for the clutch and shifter.

I'm taking the bike for a test ride tonight, that'll determine if I'm going to go for it or not.
After riding manuals for fifty years (yes, 50, I counted, first bike 1967 Hodaka) and riding a manual NC' when I switched to a DCT, it took me two minutes to stop reaching for a clutch. And after a minute riding the DCT in stop and go traffic, I'll never go back to manual again. Just my 2-cents.

Ray

Last edited:
Welp, I did it, I am part of the NC700X fan club.

I bought the bike last Friday night, and got a chance to take it out for a couple hours on Sunday. I can already tell this bike is going to be fun!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I don't want to muddy the water for you but this past Monday I purchased a brand new demo with 450 miles on it from my local dealer here in Illinois for $5,500.00 out the door.
It is also a 2013.

Back