• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Story Worth Living

I'm in the same boat as bamamate, it was OK, but needed some help with the pacing. I guess I was disappointed because I thought the move would highlight riding and the 'story' would be supported by the riding, not the other way around.

This is a good assessment. I don't think the movie was really aimed at motorcyclists, but I think we all expected that it was.

Two friends & I went last night!! Too much talking, , , not enough riding!!

Go to the KLIM Facebook page & read some of the comments there!! I can't imagine KLIM is happy they were a sponsor!!

I did not see the movie, but I was following this thread. I was trying to see what all the fuss was about, went to their Web site, and I noticed there is an apology written to those that felt misled by the movie, as well as an avenue to obtain a refund of the ticket price.

Here is the apology: OPEN LETTER | A Story Worth Living

Last edited:
I've yet to see a good review for this Evangelical movie that was marketed towards motorcyclists. At least they are offering refunds.

I'm not one to trash a movie and especially not one to trash one with a message. Especially an evangelical message. There were several things that frustrated me with it. It wasn't marketed as an evangelical movie. Least not in the trailers I saw or least I didn't nor anyone I was with saw the trailers as anything close to evangelical. There were some good parts where I thought that would be a great clip to show at church, help/recovery groups, etc or that was a great message there but they kept repeated the same thing over and over and over. I was like OK got it the first 3 times. I don't think there was 15 mins of riding in the whole thing.

If they had done it as riding during the day, show the trials they went through as first time riders, stopped and recorded their thoughts before taking on the hard switchback, and then sat around the fire relating that to real world trials then it would have flowed better, wouldn't have been repetitive, would have had a good message evangelically and could have been a promotion for adventure riding.

Need to add that I am glad they have taken the criticism so well and offered a refund. Shows they are standup people and didn't intend for it to be misleading.

I am a Christian and in a way I am glad I did not see the movie.
As with all of you, my impression was it was mainly about riding with the extras about life wrapped around the riding.
I will still want to see it but now I can go with the accurate mindset of what I will be seeing.
In what area of life today does someone reach out on their own and offer a refund when nobody that I am aware of has requested one?
I am hoping that not many people will take them up on their offer just to help offset the cost of the film.
But, in the same sense, their marketing was a little deceptive.
Thanks to all for your thoughts and feelings on the film.
Unlike the trailer for the movie, from your input I have a better understanding on what the movie is about.

I do like that it is faith based.
From what I hear I do like the message.
I am glad a movie like this was created.
But if marketed correctly I feel they would have had a lot better reception and maybe from there it could have gone to more non-faith oriented people.
They would have been going understanding there is some riding in this Christian movie.

Thanks again everybody!

God bless!!

Michael

Back