• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A List of America's Great Motorcycle Highways

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
7.jpgBlue Ridge Parkway

Deal's Gap (Dragon Tail)

Pacific Coast Highway

Historic Hwy 49, California's Gold Country Highway

Angeles Crest Highway (Hwy 2 California)

Alcan Highway

Canada Highway 17 (Sudbury to Thunder Bay)

Route 66

Natchez Trace (Natchez, Ms to Nashville)

Lincoln Highway

Scenic 7 (Arkansas)

The Pig Trail (Arkansas Highway 23)

Million Dollar Highway (Colorado)

High Plains Highway (US 380) (Post, Texas To Show Low, AZ)

US Route 6 - The Grand Army of the Republic Highway (Pennsylvania)

Devil's Highway 191 Morenci to Alpine, AZ

George Washington National Parkway, Rt 33, West Virginia

Hwy 95 - Utah

Capitol Reef National Parkway, Utah SR 24

Cherohala Skyway, Tn

The Talimena Scenic Byway (connects Talihina Oklahoma with Mena Arkansas)

Three Twisted Sisters

SmileyCowboyThumbsUP.jpg

Last edited:
I've driven the Atlantic coast from Jacksonville to Key West. I have never gone north of Jacksonville on the Atlantic coast line. Can anyone give me the must see places on the Atlantic coast line?

I'm so glad they listed Hwy 7 here in Arkansas. It will help to keep most of the bikes off of the really good roads in our state. We already have too many rolling road blocks as it is.
Mike

I have so many friends who once they retired they moved to the Ozarks. You are so lucky to live in motorcycle heaven. Do you go to Bikes Blues & BBQ in September? Every one of us wish we had your roads.

Here's today's photo of highway 1 near Hearst Castle!
Our family re-unites in the place we love, and I brought my NC700x along!
Highway 1 didn't make the list, but it's still one of my favorites.
pbnc.jpg

I have so many friends who once they retired they moved to the Ozarks. You are so lucky to live in motorcycle heaven. Do you go to Bikes Blues & BBQ in September? Every one of us wish we had your roads.

Nope. I don't do pirate conventions. I host a ST-Owners event in September and this year it's on the same weekend as BB& BBQ. I sure didn't plan it that way. Hopefully we will be far enough away from most of the trailers.. ..er.....um.....bikers.
Mike

I'd add US 191 (AKA the "Devil's Highway") through the mountains of southeastern Arizona to the list. Tricky. Technical. Long - 90+ miles and about 3 hours riding time if you stay fairly legal. Weekdays are best. The best part (that 90+ miles) stretch from Morenci, Arizona on the south end to Alpine, Arizona on the north. The 40 or 50 miles north of Alpine to Springerville, Arizona isn't half bad either, mostly.

There's also Utah state route 95 from Blanding, Utah to Hanksville, Utah, followed by Utah SR 24 from Hanksville west through the Capitol Reef National park. There's some truly impressive scenery in through there. Mostly pinks and reds, but impressive. Lonely ride though - at least when I went through there, although there's more activity around the western end near Capital Reef park.

Sorry but to drive the Pacific Coast you have to drive Highway 1 and Highway 101. So, I just put them together as the Pacific Coast Highway. They run together in various places sort of like Route 66 does. (Between certain years this or that was part of the road.) I just put them together as you can't drive one without the other, and together they cover the Pacific Coast. This is one of America's great roadways.

Hwy 49 in California from Bear Valley to Coulterville. I had a blast carving this one up, until I looked ahead and saw the
BIG and STEEP drop offs I was running along. Slowed right down after that. It was still fun.

I'm so glad they listed Hwy 7 here in Arkansas. It will help to keep most of the bikes off of the really good roads in our state. We already have too many rolling road blocks as it is.
Mike

My first trip to Arkansas included Hwy 7 and the Pig Trail - both were great roads. I really don't see why they are raved about when every road you take is just as good and less crowded.

Back