• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A couple of questions.

Having previously had 3 Deauvilles as my commuting bikes I fancied a change. The good MPG and lower purchase price made me decide on the NC. After a British winters use I will be able to tell you if it was a good decision or whether I should have forked out the extra for another Deauville

Having previously had 3 Deauvilles as my commuting bikes I fancied a change. The good MPG and lower purchase price made me decide on the NC. After a British winters use I will be able to tell you if it was a good decision or whether I should have forked out the extra for another Deauville

Hey Rocker, this is off topic but I been meaning to ask you about your M/C license and no car license, in the US you must have a car license before you obtain a M/C license. In some states you can ride a 50cc scooter without a license, in North Carolina the 50cc scooters are known as liquor cycles because those that loose their license for drunk driving use a scooter to get around.

Hey Rocker, this is off topic but I been meaning to ask you about your M/C license and no car license, in the US you must have a car license before you obtain a M/C license. In some states you can ride a 50cc scooter without a license, in North Carolina the 50cc scooters are known as liquor cycles because those that loose their license for drunk driving use a scooter to get around.

Apologies for nosing into thread :eek:

I got my class 6 motorcycle only licence first thing when I turned 16, and never had a class 5 car driver's licence until I bought my very first car, at nearly 30 years old.

The cops were forever going "Aha! Gotcha!" when asking to see my licence, and seeing only one # on the endorsement. I guess about 99.9999999% of all their traffic stops involving motorcycles, were the other way around. People with only Class 5 car licence (illegally) riding a motorcycle.

Not immediately seeing two numbers 5,6 made them see only what they thought they would see, a 5.

I always got a chuckle out of their puzzled squinting and final comprehension, when telling them to look closer at the single number. :D

When I started riding you could get a provisional iicence at 16 which entitled you to ride up to 250cc silo bikes or unlimited cc if a sidecar was attatched. You had to carry "L" plates front & rear which were white with a big red "L" on them. Learner riders could not carry a passenger unless that person held a full licence. Once you passed your test all these restictions were lifted. As is the case now you could not drive a car until the age of 17.
Now sixteeners are limited to 50cc bikes and have to pass a Compulsory Basic Training course before being allowed on the road. at 17 they have to pass a theory test and a complex system of practical tests known as modules. there are then several grades of licenc depending on the riders age and what type of bike he took the test on. Thes grades limit what size of bike you can ride and power also comes into it. To be quite honest I' not 100% up on all the new rules and they are set to change again in January. I'm sure one of the younger Brits would have a better idea.
The ridiculous thing is a 17 year iold kid can drive something like a Veyron( if daddy can afford the insurance) before passing his/her test provided that they are accomponied ny someone who has held a full licence for at least 2 years .
Sorry if this is a longer answer than you were expecting

+1 on the rebuy. It's a fun bike, the MPG is great, lots of ways to upgrade it, great support forum ;) and nice dealer network.

But like any new bike, it remains to be seen how reliable it is over the long haul.

I'd say to pull the trigger on the NC.

Apologies for nosing into thread :eek:

I got my class 6 motorcycle only licence first thing when I turned 16, and never had a class 5 car driver's licence until I bought my very first car, at nearly 30 years old.

The cops were forever going "Aha! Gotcha!" when asking to see my licence, and seeing only one # on the endorsement. I guess about 99.9999999% of all their traffic stops involving motorcycles, were the other way around. People with only Class 5 car licence (illegally) riding a motorcycle.

Not immediately seeing two numbers 5,6 made them see only what they thought they would see, a 5.

I always got a chuckle out of their puzzled squinting and final comprehension, when telling them to look closer at the single number. :D

I remember being stopped whilst on "L" plates and with a young lady on the back. The cop gave me a lecture about carrying a pillion before I had passed my test and I made no reply. Eventually he got out his ticket book so Iasked him why he was giving me a ticket. He told me it was for the offence of carrying a pillion whilst still a learner and said "show him your licence love" which she did. The cop went red in the face and snorted" why didn't you say she had a full licence" (If you see in my reply to Saggybottom that this made it leagal) to which I smiled and said "You didn't ask" I can still pictire his face 40+ years on

Back