• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A 2017 Goldwing DCT?

Rather than a DCT, what I had been expecting them to do on the 'wing is install the metal belt CVT that they use on most of their 4-cylinder cars (not that I am a fan of them). I had a first year 1975 Gold Wing, but Honda is probably not going to sell me another one. And certainly not until they correct the styling mish-mash that has existed on the rear of it since 2011 when they went with the squared off sidecases but kept the rounded profiles on the front of the bike and the top case. To me, it doesn't work. Either apply more angular styling to both of them or abandon the current sidecase design and go back to the future. Interesting the "leak photo" above with the leading link suspension shows a more angular fairing treatment - but it retains the rounded trunk. Bleah!.

DCT on a wing should be a winner. I wish Honda had taken more time to get the CTX1300 set up right. That bike could have been an awesome step down from the Goldwing.

I would say not 2017. The Kumamoto plant lost too much production time this year including for the monster hit AT, & has the new 1000RR to release, which I would also expect to explode in sales.

I have heard of patent rumors for a leading link front suspension as well...

View attachment 31173

That would make sense as I suspect You will agree. The big bug bear with my former GL1800 was the way the forks seized when the brakes were applied due to the anti dive hardware. Obviously it was needed to stop the sump hitting the deck under heavy braking.

The Gold Wing suspension rumors are about a Hossack style front end not that photoshopped leading link picture. BMW sells it as their Duolever design

Makes better sense. The Duolever works very well to prevent front end diving while still allowing the suspension to work. Also, the single conventional design shock makes electronic suspension much easier to accomplish. I am curious what Honda is going to do different as the rumor spoke of a patent application.

Back